“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Laneways

Save Saved
You added Ovolo Laneways to your Saves list
Ovolo Laneways
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Special Offer
Free Room Upgrade!
Ranked #45 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Really nice rooms and staff. I liked that refreshments, breakfast and wifi were complimentary. Very modern hotel with wonderful splashes of colour here and there and close to all things melbourne cbd :) the penthouse is on my bucket list!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ellalydia,

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you love Ovolo.

I love that the Penthouse is on your bucket list. It's a very cool space, especially now we are upgrading it with new furniture, paintings, audio visual and lighting. I would suggest booking in now though as it's a very popular space.

Kelly O'Neill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Karlsruhe, Deutschland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there on a business trip in a 2-bedroom apt which came at 300 AUD per night. Surely not that bad for Melbourne considering what you get. There is a fridge in the lobby with beer, wine, siftdrinks, etc. and a Nespresse machine - the thing is it's all free. Same with the mini bar in the apt and pastry in the morning.
The apt itself was good, spaceous and clean. Maybe a bit naked, but I guess that is the way it is in AUS.
Beds where good, but the rooms are a bit strange as they have no windows. So if you close the door it is dark.
We had some trouble with the reservation, which my partner made through their own website, Somehow they received a double booking (we only had one confirmation). The clerk at the reception really started out like trying to charge the second apt. for one night as we arrived there at around 7 PM. Short discussion was necessary but settled the problem.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Benson1976,

Many thanks for the review and for sharing your Ovolo experience with us.

I am sorry about the double booking, it seems a small issue with the booking agency but a problem solver and sorted in no time.

The Two bedroom suites have their main source of light from the floor to ceiling windows in the lounge area however due to the set up of the space the second bedroom at the back does not have a window. For more light within the bedrooms I suggest a 1 bedroom suite. These have windows in both rooms and give great natural light to the rooms.

Again, thank you for the review. I hope to see you return to Ovolo soon.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Ovolo for 10 nights - had a fantastic time. Amazing and friendly staff and great location. The complimentary breakfast of pastries and free bottled water and drinks and complimentary minibar are a winner! Will be staying here again when we come back next year.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom apartment, which I would suggest for travellers staying longer than a few days.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Natalie D,

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that yourself and the family had a great stay at Ovolo Melbourne.

I look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I always enjoy staying at this lovely hotel. It is in a great location near the theatre district and china town. The trams are only a short walk away.

We booked a studio rather than a 1 bedroom for this stay and I would recommend that for the small incremental cost that you book the 1 bedroom - makes a big difference - particularly for more than a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom is nicer than studio for the small incremental cost and look for rooms higher up.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason R,

Thanks for the review!

So pleased to hear that both yourself and your wife love the Ovolo hotel and have chosen to stay on a number of occasions.

I agree with your comment, that the 1 bedroom for the small cost of an upgrade is well worth it. The room is much larger and gives you that little more of a 'home' feel' having a separate living area.

Hope to see you back again, and in a 1 bedroom suite.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I stepped out of the lift to head towards my room I was immediately wow-d! Awesome city vibe and that fake turf seat was awesome! But it didn't stop there, I opened my vibrant yellow door and was amazed at how beautifully laid out my room was! I had a studio suit (with lounge) and it was fantastic!! Great use of available space & defiantly worth paying a little extra. I was like a pig in mud chilling on the couch watching Apple TV enjoying my freebies which I'll add are plentiful oh and did I mention FREE MINI bar?!

The bed was comfy and the hotel is so convenient & close to everything! The grab and go breaky was delish and the staff were a pleasure! The particular room I was in probably wasn't overly kid friendly if you planned on taking them but for a solo traveler or couple it was great. I fell in love with the black and gold rug in my room and more so with this hotel. it broke my heart to leave! I will defiantly be back though!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Pickyforts,

Thanks for the great review.

We hate broken hearts here at Ovolo so we hope to see you back in Melbourne sometime soon and if not Melbourne then one of our new Sydney properties perhaps.

Happy Travels.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent hotel, amazing staff and perfuse location. Would not hesitate to stay here again. The complimentary treats are a welcome surprise. Staff were very accommodating and nothing was too difficult. Perfect accessibility to Melbourne's theaters, bars and restaurants.

Stayed August 2014
Kelly O, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear ChelcOz,

Thanks for the great review! My favorite of the week.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to having you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I went on a mini break to Melbourne from Perth and had a blast! We were looking for a apartment style accomodation with a bit of an edge and definitely found it at the Ovolo. The complementary breakfast of pastries and coffee is a brilliant idea and one we found most useful when flying out the door for our days adventures. It is a little tired looking but honestly only a little. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear StellaWasHere,

Many thanks for the review.

I am glad to hear you had a great time at Ovolo Hotel Melbourne and enjoyed all the inclusions we have to offer.
I am sorry to hear you found the hotel was a little tired. We are in fact currently re-painting and refurbishing some rooms are the hotel so I hope you can stay again and see these rooms.

Kelly O'Neill

Been to Ovolo Laneways? Share your experiences!