“Ovolo Hotel - a great location for a Melbourne mini break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ovolo Hotel to your Saves list
Ovolo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #34 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Ovolo Hotel - a great location for a Melbourne mini break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We just had a week at Ovolo in a 2 bedroom suite (my 2nd stay at Ovolo), we found the layout worked well for a family of 4 and the kids loved having their own TV in their bedroom and free access to the mini bar and pastries! The rooms are very quiet and dark if you want a sleep in too. Great proximity to everything and some great restaurants within 5 minute walk, especially recommend The European for breakfast for that feeling of being a Parisian cafe! Downsides are: room servicing can be a little hit and miss so one day our room was missed completely and other days our room looked like it had hardly been touched and toiletries weren't replenished, also I resent having to pay a credit card (not Amex!) surcharge of $29 for a bill of $1,900+ surely you are not expected to pay in cash when they take your credit card as a holding deposit!?! Overall, it is a great hotel though and given am booked to stay there again in 2 weeks - will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

One of the best nights we have had. The concierge even notified the restaurant and we were met with a glass of champagne each. Excellent rooms, beautiful and quiet. The staff were friendly and please to help with any requests. Will stay there again when we are next in town for a show or just a night on the town.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

pleasant friendly staff. Room clean, comfortable and nice. The free mini bar and loot bag definitely a plus. I would stay there again. Excellent location, close to great restaurants. Great parking deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kelly O, General Manager at Ovolo Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Julie R,

Thanks for the great review.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Ovolo.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

tweed heads
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at the Ovolo Hotel, the room was fairly roomy for 3 people. The free mini bar is a great idea and on the go breakfast was great as we were very busy.The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful we will definately stay there again. Close to both major Theatres.

Room Tip: We asked for 1 double and 2 singles we got 2 doubles I imediately told reception of my resquest and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Kelly O, General Manager at Ovolo Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear ros1995,

Thanks for the review. Great to hear you enjoyed your time at the property and liked the location.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at Ovolo. Fantastic staff, loved our apartment (Terrace) enjoyed the free mini bar and coffee. Our teenage boys very impressed with free wifi and access to apple TV they also thought the hotel was uber cool. We will definitely stay here again when were next in Melbourne.
Thank you for making us feel so welcome and being so accomodating with the early check in and check outs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Syeh66,

Thanks for the great review and welcome to the Ovolo Family!

We are looking forward to seeing your return.

Sydney, NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Melbourne is cool, both in terms of what it offers and it's winter weather. It's Friday evening and my girlfriend and I are walking to Brooks of Melbourne (fabulous restaurant), but it's cold, 9 degrees, with the wind chill it feels Antarctic, can you blame me, I flew in from Bali that morning.

I chose the Ovolo because I thought my girlfriend would enjoy it, she is a fan of industrial furnishings, quirky design and steampunk. The Ovolo is a little different, I assume it's market is the 25 to 40 year olds who are termed "Inner City" types. I might be 52, but I'm contemporary, well in my own mind anyway.

We had a one bedroom suite, the layout is a little odd, as it does not use the space as it might. This is not a criticism, rather an observation, but the inclusions like the Swag Bag and the complimentary mini bar are welcome. I love the fact that they have Apple TV, I could sign into my account and watch movies, I could also use Air Play from my iPad. The TV in the Lounge Room was large and wall mounted and we loved the large couch. The TV in the bedroom is also wall mounted and slightly smaller, unfortunately you can't access Apple TV from it.

There are complimentary pastries, muffins and coffee available from the Lobby in the morning, one of the receptionists even offered to help me carry them back up to the room, a nice personal touch.
Needless to say we loved our two night stay, and my girlfriend was very happy, got back a couple of credits there !!!!

Just around the corner in Spring Street is The European, I love it, we had brunch there Saturday, a good menu with coffee to match.

Ovolo have recently acquired the 1888 Hotel in Pyrmont Sydney which was formally owned by the 8 Hotels Group. I have heard through a source, that they may have purchased a waterfront property in Sydney as well. Not only would I return to The Ovolo Melbourne, but I would certainly consider try The 1888 Hotel as well.

Dear Foghorn27,

Thanks for the great review and well done on the brownie points with your girlfriend! Happy to have helped.

I look forward to having you back at Ovolo Little Bourke or at one of the new properties in Melbourne or Sydney.

Safe Travels,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very trendy hotel, like the free mini bar, bag of snacks in the room and unlimited Nespresso in lobby, pastries in the morning - enough to get you going before heading off for a day of meetings. Great location, near Chinatown and only a block away from the parking station on Bourke St.
The only minor comment that I can make is the tiny little sink and basin area in the bathroom, which means no space for your wet bag except on the floor!
Overall I would recommend

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear RafaelEsguerra,

Many thanks for the great review.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Ovolo inclusions, we love them also.

Thank you also for the bathroom feedback. We understand they are quite compact and we are always looking for new designs to make the rooms more functional.
Alternatively the 1 bedroom suites are a lot larger with bigger bathroom space, an FYI for a future stay. We would be more than happy to allocate a larger room.

Ovolo Melbourne

Been to Ovolo Hotel? Share your experiences!