“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Laneways

You added Ovolo Laneways to your Saves list
Ovolo Laneways
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Special Offer
FREE WI-FI
Ranked #37 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Tasmania, AUS
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I called Ovolo 11am friday asking if my husband and I could check in as I was not feeling well. Reception was very helpful but said the room was not ready yet. I was called back 10 min later with the room ready. And same for check out, when I asked for a late one staff were very obliging. This thoughtful service made my trip so much more comfortable. I have stayed at Ovolo before and both times my husband and I were very happy. Thanks

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly O, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear EsmeBunny,

Greetings from Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. Always appreciated.

I am sorry to hear you were not well at check in but glad the team were able to provide you with an earlier check in.
I hope you felt better throughout the stay. Hopefully it was nothing a few gummy bears and freddo from the Loot Bag could not fix.

We hope to see you return to the property again.

Warmest Regards,

Ovolo Hotel Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed overnight to be in close proximity to the Theatre. Definitely close to all amenities, theatre shopping, food and transport. Bonus to have water, alcohol and juice supplied in room. We stayed in a 1BR apartment in the front of the building.
Pros: Close to everything, plenty of food outlets around the hotel. Able to walk everywhere we needed to go. Apartment clean. Free Wi-Fi, worked fine on our visit.
Cons: We found it very noisy, may not be suited to our age group(50-55) as directly over a bar and we stayed the Saturday night so it was quite busy in the bar.
Some maintenance issues that were fixed after a couple of reminders to front desk.
Found the bed a bit hard that led to hips beeing sore on waking. (?age related thing)
Best thing was the location as close to everything but also this was the worst thing with the associated noise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GingerRose63,

Greetings from Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Thank you for sharing your review on the hotel with us.

I am glad to hear you felt the location of the hotel was in close proximity to most things our city has to offer. It sounds like you got out and about which is what we encourage our guests to do when staying.
I am glad the few maintenance issues were amended during your stay. We have a wonderful team on board who are there in a heart beat for anything to be looked at.

I hope to see you return to the hotel soon.

Fair Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Terrible for the price, have been here 3 nights and one more to go. Have been out of juice since we arrived, ran out of bottled water this morning, internet connection on and off, air conditioning does not work well, and supplies in bathroom are terrible. Keep giving us hair conditioner when we need lotion! Definitely not worth the amount of money we are paying for it.

Stayed March 2014
Dear ShirleyF,

Greetings from the Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent feedback with the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the property was not worth the cost. I am unsure why no juice or water was made available along with conditioner being in your room instead of the Malin + Gotez body lotion but I will follow this up immediately with my housekeeping team.
I can assure you errors such as these are not a regular issues so I am sorry that they were during your time with us.

I see that you are not from Australia however if you are back in Melbourne anytime soon I would hope that you could trial the hotel again, this time coming direct to me so I can ensure you receive the correct Ovolo treatment and enjoy a much better stay.

South Yarra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night for our anniversary and it wasn't great. The front desk are pretty rude and don't help with anything. These were our issues:

1. The Apple TV wouldn't work and we contacted the reception to see how to fix it and they said it wasn't working.

2. The aircon wasn't working.

3. We went to the 'free breakfast' in the morning and there was literally 4 pieces of food on the plate, all of which had bacon (I'm vego).

4. The Nescafé machine wasn't working properly and it burnt my finger haha.

5. The light/fan in the bathroom was so loud and gross when turned on we ended up just going to the toilet in the dark.

6. It says to contact them for any extras so we requested some toothbrushes but they had run out.

We really tried to like this place and aren't really fussy people but if you're expecting 5 star and luxurious, I'd probably reconsider booking here. Or maybe they were having a bad day, but it kinda ruined our night. Cheers

• Stayed March 2014
Dear SouthYarraJade,

Greetings from the Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you felt a string of misfortunes ruined what should have been a wonderful trip.

I have followed up with my team regarding the Apple TV and amenities available. Both should have been available to you and on this occasion and I am very apologetic that they were not.

Regarding the Nespresso Machine, I will have this looked at, I have also spoken with the team as they should be on hand to assist guests who need to use this.

For breakfast we can cater for Vegetarians and certain food allergies, we just ask that we be notified prior to your arrival so we can order these items for you.

I understand that this stay was a little less than perfect however should you wish to return to the property I would be delighted to assist you personally and ensure that you receive the Ovolo experience that we pride ourselves on.

Warmest Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

A girl's weekend away became fabulous because of our stay in room 503 for 3 nights. The apartment was spacious and well appointed and the terrace was an absolute bonus! We were amazed at all the inclusions, free goodies bags, minibar, happy hour and pastries for breakfast! Location was great, easy access to trams, restaurants, shopping etc and always a delicious coffee available in the lobby. The staff were absolutely amazing! So friendly, courteous and super helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We loved our stay here so much that we have booked again for next year but then, we will stay longer.

Room Tip: Loved room 503. Worth the extra amount to have the terrace, a rarity in Melbourne accomodation.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Liz N,

Greetings from the Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

I am so glad to hear that you have only wonderful things to say about room 503 as it's my favorite room in the hotel. The view is spectacular and I hope you enjoyed the skyline whilst on your girls trip.

I will let the team know of the great feedback, they will be pleased to receive such kind words.

We are very much looking forward to having you return next year.

All the best,

Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Whilst visiting family in Melbourne we had a couple of nights at the Ovolo with some friends who came down from Brisbane. We were attracted by the handy location and the ability to have two bedrooms with shared living space.
We weren't disappointed. The room on the third floor was excellent and whilst it overlooked a side alley with lots of refuse bins we didn't hear any noise, unlike previous reviews.
The goodie bags, free minibar and happy hour, and convenient breakfast all added to a great stay.
There were a couple of small maintenance issues we advised to reception and they were taken as positive feedback and I felt would be acted upon. Staff were really friendly and helpful at all times.
Absolutely perfect if the lift would work every time !!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Silversurfer20,

Greetings from Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Many thanks for sharing details on your stay with our property. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and previous reviews did not deter your stay. We are really focusing on new ideas & upgrades at the hotel so I am glad to see that these made for a more enjoyable stay.

If you are back in Melbourne soon please contact as direct as would be delighted to have you stay again.

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just had a two night stay. Fabulous room. Mini bar, breakfast (including gluten free option), apples, coffee, water, juice etc included in tariff was especially great for teenage children. Location to transport, restaurants, gardens, etc couldn't be better. Very quiet. Lovely views of city lights from room. Staff very helpful. All totally fabulous!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear erik3,

Greetings from the Ovolo Hotel Melbourne.

Thank you for sharing your feedback from you recent stay at the hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ovolo Hotel Melbourne

Been to Ovolo Laneways? Share your experiences!