“Excellent option in Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ovolo Hotel to your Saves list
Ovolo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #33 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Belo Horizonte- Brazil
“Excellent option in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent option in Melbourne
Huge room, with sepate seating area with sofa.Modern, beautiful design.
Im room safe.
Location-Downtown,close to major attractions.
I didn´t have poblems with noise from others rooms, and I am a light sleeper.
Breakfast-A free,but limited “grab n go” breakfast with juice and , pastries,almost all sweet pastries.They could have more healthy food,many people today live on diet .
Frees:
Hotel is famous for free .
Free internet.
Free happy hour,in front of reception, wth wine in glass,beer,soft drinks.
Free minibar-2 bottles of beer,2 glass of white wine,2 soft drinks,2 still mineral water,2 sparkling mineral water,replaced daily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear FRANCISCO7,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will certainly look into adding healthier alternatives to our current “Grab n Go” breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in Melbourne.

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We (2 couples) stayed here for 6 nights in a 2 bedroom suite and we couldn't have been happier! The rooms are great, good size, we had 2 double bedrooms with ample space for 2 suit cases each couple and hanging area.
The bathroom is well set out and very functional. The bonus of the free mini bar was excellent and one which the boys thoroughly enjoyed! A large couch meant we were all able to sit around in the room comfortably. The location is by far one of the best I have stayed in Melbourne. Right near many good restaurants, pretty much on parliament train station and only a short walk into the Bourke st Mall. We also easily walked to the MCG and it was extremely quick and easy to get to Etihad also.
All up, all 4 of us really enjoyed our stay, the staff were always friendly at reception and our rooms were always clean and tidy when we would return at the end of the day!
We will definitely be back and recommend the hotel to other friends who are going to Melbourne!
Thanks very much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Perth1709,

Thank you for sharing your Ovolo experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you found our reception staff friendly and made the most of our fantastic location. Next time you are heading east it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Bellbrae, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Coming from the coast I came to Melbourne to meet my daughter who is studying there. We stayed one night at the Ovolo. I can't speak highly enough of the service & all the little 'extras' that went towards making the stay that little bit above the usual hotel experience! Complimentary mini bar (beer, wine, juices, water), goodie bag filled with nuts, chocolate etc in the room & a grab & go breakfast (savoury frittatas, Danishes, fruit & great coffee! Our room was spacious (we had the one bedroom suite), quality toiletries, comfy bed - everything was a statement of style & class. Location perfect. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jenny B,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and trust your journey back to the coast was a safe one.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time you wish to book, it would be my pleasure to assist you.

Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location for a city stay. Great concept with the extra inclusions however the grab and go breakfast needs to include more savoury options as you can see the sweets are in abundance and still left standing. I also like to have a few hotel comforts such as bath robes however the toiletries provided were one of the best I have encountered. We had a 1bdrm suite and it would have been nice to have perhaps a few more self catering items such as a toaster. All in all enjoyed our stay here and loved the funky vibe the hotel offered.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kaaren B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

As a hotel we are always looking to improve our day to day operations, it is only through feedback such as yours we are able to do this. I have taken on board your suggestions in relation to the breakfast, bathrobes and toasters and will raise them with the appropriate parties.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at the Ovolo Hotel for one night in May as a weekend getaway with my husband. I booked this hotel because of it's location and as a new, small hotel it looked more interesting than the bigger chain offerings. Location was indeed great for all the fantastic restaurants Melbourne has to offer.
The room (one bedroom suite) was nice and comfortable with some funky styling. The service ethics at Ovolo were the most impressive aspect - free Wifi, free mini bar, goodie bag (filled with chips, biscuits, chocolates - the things you normally pay a fortune for in hotels) and Malin+Goetz toiletries. We were also impressed with the grab and go breakfast offering, which was a nice touch on checkout even though we headed out for a proper breakfast.
Overall Ovolo offers a great CBD location, comfortable rooms and a few complimentary extras which show they care about service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca0210,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and photographs by way of Trip Advisor. I am delighted you found our location favourable and certainly hope you took advantage of all the restaurants nearby. I was particularly pleased to read you enjoyed our all-inclusive approach as we do strive to offer an experience unlike that offered at the larger chain hotels.

Should you wish to stay with us again in the future, it would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ovolo is now my fave hotel in Melbourne. The location was perfect - close to the theatre, train station/tram stops and shops etc.

My partner and I shared a "cosy" studio that was really clean and serviced daily.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BunnyNine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you found our location fantastic and that Ovolo Melbourne is now your new favourite hotel in Melbourne.

Next time you wish to book please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you.

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked a two bedroom place for my best friend and I to stay (girls shopping / culinary weekend) and it was excellent....great location, excellent rooms, and brilliant service.
The room was a perfect size, felt quite large. 3 TV's, fully ipod integrated. The bedrooms were a good size, and the beds were great with nice linen, room to hang things and unpack etc. We had a big lounge, kitchen, and arrived to a welcome goodie bag each which was cute.
Complementary mini bar, including wine and beer.
Nespresso downstairs, with danishs in the morning....very boutique and chic. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear euro79,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Ovolo Experience on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time in residence and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Ovolo Hotel Melbourne

Been to Ovolo Hotel? Share your experiences!