We stayed here for my 30th birthday after getting a $169 a night deal from Wotif.com.
-It's in a great location - you can easily walk up to Fitzroy or into town. Takes about 20 mins to walk to Flinders St station.
- the cleaning staff are not stingy with the replacement of shower gel/shampoo miniatures if they've been used (a real bugbear of mine!)
- free mini bar and snacks on arrival
- flexible check in and out times - we arrived at 11am and they let us in, and left at 2pm. Our room was free before and after but I thought that was great service.
- helpful (and seemingly 24 hour) reception staff
- personalised air con in the rooms
- bowls/plates and cutlery in the room so you can buy cereal and milk/takeaways
- windows not double glazed so can get a little bit noisy with the trams nearby and people partying in the street. We were on floor 2 and we still managed to sleep though. Also not sure how cold this would mean it gets in winter.
- grab and go breakfast is pretty bad; the pastries are hard and dry like they've been there forever and the muffins are tasteless. Buy some cereal and milk from the 7/11 round the corner.
- the sink in the bathroom is way too small (about 6 inches out from the wall!) so when you attempt to wash your face or drink water from your hands after brushing your teeth, you manage to get it all down your legs and on the floor. Poor design really as the shower is massive.
It was just about good value at the equiv of £100 a night but I wouldn't pay more, especially with no real breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ovolo's first international hotel in Australia is designed and inspired by the hidden streets and gems that Melbourne is known for. Located within the CBD and steps away from Parliament house and the treasury gardens, Ovolo Laneways offers effortless living without being away from the action of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, CityZen, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Ovolo Laneways reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.