Stayed for a romantic night out (8th December, 2011) in a Deluxe Room on the ground floor. Room was comfortable and cosy, with very modern amenities (very sleek bathroom!) in a place with, otherwise, a lovely old-world ambience - the Hotel Charsfield was absolutely beautiful to take in. Staff were very helpful and full of smiles.
Cannot be faulted except for several (some relatively minor) things:
- value for Continental Breakfast was a bit lacklustre (while the food was lovely, the range did not perhaps live up to the $17.50 cost; however, as it was a special night out and what we did try was absolutely delicious, we did not particularly mind - Continental Breakfast included fruit, scones, muffins, croissants, toast, cereals and yoghurts)
- internet access was very, very limited, with only the first 50MB free (the fees thereafter were, frankly, exorbitant); however, there is a computer available with internet access for work/email/etc. (i.e. no downloads/gaming)
- bathroom included all the usuals (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc.) except for toothbrush/paste, which we found a bit bizarre; we forgot to bring toothpaste (figuring it would be there) and ended up having to purchase a tiny toothbrush/paste kit from the minibar for $5, which we felt was overpriced
- room was perhaps a liiiiittle smaller than expected; however this was not major at all (the room was still absolutely beautiful) and to be expected with conversion of a very old building for hotel purposes
We were also impressed by the hotel's follow-up; we were emailed asking for feedback the afternoon of our check-out, and would like to commend the management for its commitment to improve.
Overall, the Hotel Charsfield was wonderful; thank you for a very memorable, romantic night out. <33
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Charsfield is a fine example of early St Kilda Road Victorian architecture, which has heritage listing. This boutique accommodation now combines the warmth, character and style of the building with professional and friendly service to ensure the experience on offer is as unique as the guests who stay here. So whether you are visiting Melbourne on business, as a conference delegate, on holiday, or perhaps to enjoy one of the many major events in town, the Hotel Charsfield is the ideal choice for accommodation in Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Charsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charsfield Hotel Melbourne