“Parade Inn, Parkville, Melbourne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parade Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Parade Inn to your Saves list
Parade Inn
539 Royal Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia (Formerly Flag Inn Parkville)   |
Ranked #11 of 29 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Swan Hill, Australia
“Parade Inn, Parkville, Melbourne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A motel with easy access to public transport [tram stop at front of motel]. Excellent facilities, dining room for breakfast. Spacious rooms and car parking outside your door. Office staff very friendly and helpful. good recommendations from them to visit attractions and how to get there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

An old but very well kept building. Our room was spacious, clean, had a nice little kitchenette was right next to an ice making machine, which was much appreciated by us and all the other guests, judging by how fast the ice disappeared during our stay there (41 degrees temperature). Continental breakfast was included in the room price with the option of buying a cooked breakfast, which was very reasonably priced. Location wise, you can't go wrong here - within 10 minutes drive to Melbourne CBD and just round the corner of a long row of shops with supermarket, fast food, other food stores, discount stores, etc etc. The staff at reception and in the restaurant were very friendly (which unfortunately, is something you don't often find in the service industry). Only 2 gripes about the accommodation - 1) the extremely old and noisy aircon unit in our room which made a loud grinding sound the entire time it was on & 2) the bottom of the room door needs to be blocked as the gap allows leaves, etc (someone's toothpick) to be blown into the room from outside. Will definitely stay here again, but next time we'll try the upper floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I love the location and how near it was to the city and how convenient it is. The room was well equipped with a kitchenette and linen etc. Very good value for money. The reception was very helpful. The breakfast restaurant people were very nice and friendly. However, one of the thick blankets smelled of cockroaches.

My reason for a 1-star service is this. As I had to check in after hours, the reception gave me instructions over the phone and despite me trying to understand and visualise the place, I couldn't figure out where the rooms were when I arrived as the whole place was dark and I was jet lagged. The reception assured me that if I needed help, the night manager will help by just a phonecall.

I apologised for the unearthly hour call and the night manager kindly told me where to go. Everything was all good until the next day when I went to the reception twice for various reasons. I overheard two different sets of people 'complaining' about my late call and my 'stupidity' to the receptionist without realising I can hear them. How I know it was about me? Because they said my room number out!

If it weren't for those two incidences, I would have given this place a 5 star. So my advice? Come to this place if u want a good cheap central place but if u plan to check in after hours or so happen to have a problem after hours, be aware of unwilling night managers...

• Stayed October 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location, comfy beds with an electric blanket, which was needed that Melbourne weekend. The rooms are basic and no mini bar but sufficient. A couple of days later they phoned to let me know I had left my phone charger behind (I hadn't even realized) and they returned it to me free of charge. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Easy access to the city from a clean comfortable motel style hotel. As a previous review mentioned the rooms can get cold and wi-fi should be standard in all city hotels at this stage but altogether the parade inn ticked most of the boxes that we needed with a warm shower, good location and decent breakfast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Good size clean rooms. This is basic motel accomodation, and there is no wifi yet (my only gripe). The service from the staff was above and beyond what I have received in 5 star hotels. The trams are outside the door, 5-10 minutes to city on tram. Bridie O'Reillys is a few minutes walk for an excellent meal and 10% discount if you show your room tag. They have tea and coffee making facilities. I stayed here on a business trip and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again with family on our next trip to Melbourne!

• Stayed September 2012
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Pros: Economical; brekki is fine; gree parking; great location for getting to Melb CBD; tram stop out front; nice balcony; quiet, clean, breakfast were very accommodating- they offered to cook my toast in their kitchen when the buffet toaster was being used.
Cons: bathroom and kitchenette need updating; room got cold during the night

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony