My friend and I stayed here because we were initially staying in the Nunnery in Fitzroy but it was a total nightmare, so we checked into the Greenhouse (we had stayed at the one in Cairns). What a relief-- although it was hard to find, it was a nice clean room, comfy bed and air-conditioning. You could hear everything through the walls because it's some type of converted office building, but by late hours it was quiet enough. If you don't mind doors slamming every now and then, this place is definitely worth staying at.
The main lounge is great, cool tv area, and the kitchen area is big, lots of big tables to hang out at. We only stayed one night but if I needed to stay in a hostel in Melb again, I'd stay here.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenhouse Backpackers is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD with Flinders Street Station, Federation Square and famous cafe filled laneways less than a five minute walk away.Guests are welcomed with inclusions such as Free Daily Breakfast, Free Unlimited Internet 24/7, Free Walking Tour, Free Dinner Tuesdays, Free Activities and more.Get the inside information on the sights of Melbourne on our half-day walking tour, hear the tunes of local DJ's and bands on our pub crawl, taste the market fresh ingredients in our Free Tuesday dinners.If you are looking for even more tours and trips, see our in house Fully Licensed Travel Agency for expert experience and the best deals on trips around Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your The Greenhouse Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.