Best things first: The location of this hostel is fantastic! I stayed here during my trip to Australia in January 2013 and it was very comfortable for me to be so close to the city centre (2 mins walk to Fed Sq.). The hostel is quite large and therefore the atmosphere is not very homely but nevertheless there's plenty of opportunity to get into contact with other travellers. If you can, join the free walking tour that is offered by the hostel. I got to see places in Melbourne which I definitely wouldn't have stumbled upon when walking on my own and had a wonderful time! The rooms were clean and just large enough not to feel crowded. Also, the walls seem to be quite thin but luckily I didn't have noisy neighbours. The sanitary installations were spotlessly clean as well and very spatious. The included breakfast was a bit disappointing. You have to be rather quick in order to manage to grab a slice of bread or some milk. The staff on the other hand was very friendly and helpful, just as one would expect it. The only really negative point is the Wi-Fi. It is so extremely slow that the hostel should not even be advertising it. I gave up trying to use it in the evening. In the mornings, it was slightly better. However, if you walk to Fed Square, you can enjoy free Wi-Fi there. All in all, the positive points by far outweigh the negative, so I can definitely recommend this hostel. For this value, I believe The Greenhouse Backpackers is a very reasonable and friendly hostel with a superb location. I would surely stay here again during my next trip to Melbourne.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenhouse Backpackers is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD with Flinders Street Station, Federation Square and famous cafe filled laneways less than a five minute walk away.Guests are welcomed with inclusions such as Free Daily Breakfast, Free Unlimited Internet 24/7, Free Walking Tour, Free Dinner Tuesdays, Free Activities and more.Get the inside information on the sights of Melbourne on our half-day walking tour, hear the tunes of local DJ's and bands on our pub crawl, taste the market fresh ingredients in our Free Tuesday dinners.If you are looking for even more tours and trips, see our in house Fully Licensed Travel Agency for expert experience and the best deals on trips around Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your The Greenhouse Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.