This was my favourite hostel in oz by far. Arrived on my own in September, left a week later with friends for life. The atmosphere was great, the rooms clean although a little cramped. It did get hot at night and my room didn't have a window, but as I wasn't spending much time in there anyway that didn't matter. The communal area was great, open and spacious. FREE breakfast every morning keeps you going in those first shaky days, the pasta night was another great addition as was the famous Bingo on Wednesdays. My favourite bit by far was the free walking tour, a fantastic introduction to Melbourne that covered all the stuff we really wanted to know- cheap places to get food, the best back alleyway bars and why you should cover your eyes around magpies. Would definitely recommend this hostel!
- Also Known As:
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenhouse Backpackers is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD with Flinders Street Station, Federation Square and famous cafe filled laneways less than a five minute walk away.Guests are welcomed with inclusions such as Free Daily Breakfast, Free Unlimited Internet 24/7, Free Walking Tour, Free Dinner Tuesdays, Free Activities and more.Get the inside information on the sights of Melbourne on our half-day walking tour, hear the tunes of local DJ's and bands on our pub crawl, taste the market fresh ingredients in our Free Tuesday dinners.If you are looking for even more tours and trips, see our in house Fully Licensed Travel Agency for expert experience and the best deals on trips around Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your The Greenhouse Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.