My wife and I stayed here for two nights.
It's very centrally located, less than a 5 minute walk from Flinders Street Station and Federation Square. Very convenient for sight seeing in Melbourne as the free City Circle tourist tram and many regular trams all stop nearby.
We stayed in a double room with shared facilities. While the room was good, bathroom was not as clean as those in other hostels we stayed at during this trip, 'Hot' showers were warm at best and water pressure was low.
Free WiFi is included in room rate but only works in the common lobby on L06, and not in the rooms. A basic but filling breakfast (cereal, toast, jam, milk, tea / coffee) is free every morning.
Rooftop has a good view of the city.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel
- The Greenhouse Backpacker Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenhouse Backpackers is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD with Flinders Street Station, Federation Square and famous cafe filled laneways less than a five minute walk away.Guests are welcomed with inclusions such as Free Daily Breakfast, Free Unlimited Internet 24/7, Free Walking Tour, Free Dinner Tuesdays, Free Activities and more.Get the inside information on the sights of Melbourne on our half-day walking tour, hear the tunes of local DJ's and bands on our pub crawl, taste the market fresh ingredients in our Free Tuesday dinners.If you are looking for even more tours and trips, see our in house Fully Licensed Travel Agency for expert experience and the best deals on trips around Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your The Greenhouse Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.