“Budbugs at the Stork Hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stork Hotel Apartments

Stork Hotel Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Stork Hotel Apartments
650 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #155 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Budbugs at the Stork Hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I stayed at the Stork Hotel for two nights. The second night I noticed some itching on my body as though I had some kind of bites. Didn’t think too much of it though. The next day I had lots of bites over my whole body. I suspected bedbugs and my GP confirmed it. Not too serious I thought as I assumed that the bites would just disappear. They didn’t and after a while we realized that I had brought the bedbugs home with me from the hotel. It was a nightmare and we spent over a month trying to get rid of them! We got pest control professionals in, had to throw out the bed and sofa, spent hours freezing or washing all our clothes, plus all the discomfort due to the bites.
The management at the Stork Hotel were quite arrogant. After several phone calls and e-mails they finally responded. They said that they were sorry but would not give us any real compensation for all our expenses.
The two cheap nights at the Stork Hotel were not worth it. I would not recommend anybody to stay there!!!

Stayed March 2007

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

Stayed at the Stork for a night when we were seriously running out of money in Melbourne and it was fine considering it was just about the cheapest place in town with your own room. The room was teeny-tiny, but it had a bar fridge and a kettle. Shared toilets and showers. The bed was comfy and despite the location just opposite Vic Markets it wasn't too noisy. I had a good nights sleep, but then I find the sound of trams quite soothing. Had no worries with hot water, and the staff were all fine. Basically a barmaid handing over a key. They let us store our luggaage there all day too. They advertise that they have a communal kitchen but I wouldn't use it. No pans that you could cook with and a bit dirty. Eat out! I do like the pub downstairs too. Comfy and shabby and quirky. Very Melbourne.

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Disliked — Tiny room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2005

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2005 and were appalled with the attitude of the manager. The hotel facilities were not great but to its merit it is closeish to town. All was OK apart from on 3 occasions over the 4 days we were unable to have showers due to there being no hot water at all- this was not in the afternoon (when we could have understood that it had been used up) but first thing in the morning. When checking out, we spoke to the manager (he just happened to be the member of staff at reception that day). We wanted to inform the hotel as we were returning to the hotel for a further 3 nights a day later and wondered whether this was a problem that the hotel wasn't aware of. We couldn't quite believe what happened next..... He sarcastically remarked that we could have a free glass of champagne to compensate before changing his mind and throwing $50 dollars across the desk and telling us that we obviously didn't like the hotel and therefore he was cancelling our further 3 nights. We tried to reason with him and said we just wanted to inform him in case there was a problem but by this time he was out of sight and shouted goodbye at the top of his voice. He behaved like a petulent child (he was actually a man in his fifties).
I believe that a person with this attitude is undeserving of any business, especially a backpacker's hard earned money. Nor is he deserving of a place in the otherwise friendly network of backpackers hostels/hotels in Melbourne.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Stork Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!