A great hostel for backpackers or people spending a few nights in the city.
Good location, just over the road from flinders station, this does cause I little bit of noise disturbance if you get a room on the front but nothing terrible.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hostel was very clean, rooms immaculate. All beds have a plug socket and reading light which is really helpful for the modern day traveller. Lockers under beds are also provided. The kitchen was a good size and lots of storage shelves and fridges. Drinking is allowed in the kitchen until 12am and so it can get a bit crowded and noisy in there in the evenings but I great place to meet new friends.
There was no laundry which was a negative for me but apparently they are in the process of having one fitted.
Overall a great hostel.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel
- Elephant Backpackers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come join the fun & excitement at Melbourne’s newest backpackers! Opposite Flinders Station & on the most happening laneway in town, our location is unbeatable but the vibe is even better!At United Backpackers we look after our travellers with modern, sparkling clean & funky facilities, unique experiences, fantastic staff, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Not only are we the newest and coolest hostel in Melbourne, we offer great value for money and an awesome vibe, all right in the heart of Melbourne! If you are looking for something a bit different and a whole lot of fun, then get booking!Us in a nutshell:• Accommodation for 300 superstar travellers in shared & private rooms over 3 levels • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals• FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Brand new, sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock• Fantastic new designer kitchen with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage• Light & bright dining & common room with huge windows and great views • Funky TV/Chill Out Lounge with lots of cushions and free DVD hire available• Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience! • A travel desk and help with jobs• Opening Early 2014 - Bar United, our funky basement bar.* Please note we do not currently have a guest laundry as this will open as pat of the basement level facilities in early 2014.ACCOMMODATION We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers• Bedside light with power point for your charging pleasure• Lots of space• High quality beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access• Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC)• Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.