My friend had recommended this place to me for its location, unknowing that it had just reopened days prior to my arrival, and I had a GREAT experience! I was only supposed to stay 2 nights, and then move into a friend's place, but when she saw it, we switched our accommodation to stay for an extra 3 nights. The staff was super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about what to do in the area. The location is perfect as it's right across the street from Flinder's Station (one of the largest metro stops in the city) and near tons of shopping and site-seeing areas. I stayed in a 10-bedroom dorm, there was an outlet next to each bed, a light, and a locker (You'll need your own lock). The kitchen was massive with brand new appliances and dishes. There is also a TV room with comfy pillows and pads to rest on. Since wifi is only available in the common areas, it makes it really easy to meet people, though the WiFi got a bit sketchy when everyone was on it, but free is free! They're also in the process of adding a third floor with more rooms and opening a bar in the basement. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone! Overall:
Clean. Friendly. Affordable.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- Elephant Backpackers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come join the fun & excitement at Melbourne’s newest backpackers! Opposite Flinders Station & on the most happening laneway in town, our location is unbeatable but the vibe is even better!At United Backpackers we look after our travellers with modern, sparkling clean & funky facilities, unique experiences, fantastic staff, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Not only are we the newest and coolest hostel in Melbourne, we offer great value for money and an awesome vibe, all right in the heart of Melbourne! If you are looking for something a bit different and a whole lot of fun, then get booking!Us in a nutshell:• Accommodation for 300 superstar travellers in shared & private rooms over 3 levels • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals• FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Brand new, sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock• Fantastic new designer kitchen with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage• Light & bright dining & common room with huge windows and great views • Funky TV/Chill Out Lounge with lots of cushions and free DVD hire available• Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience! • A travel desk and help with jobs• Opening Early 2014 - Bar United, our funky basement bar.* Please note we do not currently have a guest laundry as this will open as pat of the basement level facilities in early 2014.ACCOMMODATION We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers• Bedside light with power point for your charging pleasure• Lots of space• High quality beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access• Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC)• Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.