Our family travels frequently, and never thought to stay at the airport before. As we had a very early flight pop up, we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn - and like other reviewers have mentioned, it was pleasantly very surprising - a gem of a find!
Check in was friendly and seamless. We arrived a little early, and the room they had for us was not yet ready. However they found us another one so we could get straight to our rooms, which was great. We were put on level 3 near the lifts, but it was VERY quiet, no road noise or guests could be heard at all.
We had an adjoining room which was fantastic, my partner and I in one room with one big bed (and a cot for bub) and the two kids had their own double beds. Two bathrooms - WIN!!! What everyone says is true, the beds are AMAZING! So very comfortable, I love these beds - and a good night sleep is very important for anyone travelling! I was also overjoyed that my partner and I didn't feel uncomfortable snuggling in the middle of the bed, as many hotels still shove two beds together which I really don't like. The Holiday Inn hadn't done this, thank goodness (or if they did, you couldn't tell at all!). Great night sleep.
We planned on eating dinner in the restaurant, but after a big day of driving, our bub was very unsettled, so instead we had a fantastic room service dinner. The kids loved their chicken nuggets, chips, drink and ice-cream (it was a special treat!!) and my partner and I shared some beautiful meals too. We ordered:
Salt & Pepper Calamari - FANTASTIC! Not overly salt and peppery like many I try, and not heavily floured/battered.
Warm Beef Salad - Delicious. Beautiful flavours with a bit of tang.
Porterhouse - Beautiful and tender.
Corn Fed Chicken - Very yummy. The veggies were cooked to perfection, thoroughly enjoyed eating them, and the mashed potato was amazing! I only had a small amount due to being on a health kick, but it was mashed with the skin which sounds different, but I really, really enjoyed it.
Fruit platter for me - great fruit, very tasty!
Ben & Jerry's choc chip cookie dough icecream for my partner - I had one spoonful - just, OMG! Yum!
One thing that I found was strange was we ran out of internet access very quickly. We had a 24 hour plan and all four of us connected to it (kids have ipods). I only checked my emails and connected my laptop, the kids were playing games, and my partner was too, but before bedtime we got a warning that we'd exceeded the 200MB internet limit and it was seen as an abuse of the allowance?! Was a shame as they kids only had television and ipods for entertainment, but ah well, they coped.
All of the staff have been awesome, super friendly and some even seem really happy to be working and helping you.
The airport and shuttle services are brilliant for travellers. The hotel reception and a tv channel are dedicated to flight times, and the shuttle service takes just a few minutes to get directly to the airport. I wouldn't walk, especially with kids (it was raining when we left too) but the shuttle is super quick and you don't have to worry about stopping at a million other stops on the way and freezing your butt off waiting for busses - its drop off or pick up and thats it, you're there before you know it! That was pretty exciting for me.
Whenever i've had late or early flights in the past, its always been a struggle, not only are you exhausted and just want to get home or to your flight asap, but you have to lug you and your kids around to car parking, its always cold catching shuttles and waiting forever.... but we were SO much less stressed doing it this way - its worth paying for a night here and taking away that travel stress. The little things do matter.
The Holiday Inn offer a special 'stay and park' deal where you can stay for one night and get parking for 7 nights. They really have been innovative and understanding of a traveller's needs by offering these handy extras. We wont go car park wrangling ever again!
My partner says he too was pleasantly surprised. He raved about the food and thinks the rooms are great, he's sold too!
Thank you so much Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport - we had a great stay and we will see you again for sure! :)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport Hotel Melbourne
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Melbourne
- Melbourne Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located to cater for your travel needs, Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport is convenient for a stopover or for catching an early morning flight. Offering a relaxed atmosphere and stylish amenities, guest rooms have been designed with comfort and functionality in mind.Our friendly staff can easily arrange everything for you, including wake-up calls and arranging an airport shuttle. Recharge your batteries with a quick bite or cocktail in the Vargas Restaurant and Bar. Wifi is available in Vargas Bar free of charge for 1 hour. To make life easier, flight arrival and departure times are displayed on a FIDS monitor in these areas.The Hotel is located only 400m away from the Melbourne Airport on the corner of Melbourne Drive and Centre Road. Free Airport shuttle transfers are available. Driving distance from Airport to Hotel is only 2 minutes, and the hotel is located 20km from Melbourne Central Business District. Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport offers inclusive guest parking while staying in-house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.