Mantra 100 Exhibition is a refit of what was, presumably, an old office building. It's not bad; certainly comfortable, but its age is showing.
Apart from filthy windows (and I don't see how it would even be possible to clean them), the place was spotless. The room was also very large, which is a bonus.
Although I was travelling for business on this occasion, school holidays meant I had my ten year old daughter with me. Giving her the main bed, I reluctantly accepted a sofa bed, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was.
One pain was the television remote. When will someone figure out a way to make hotel remotes work properly? Most of them are bad, but this one was almost useless. It took a lot of persistence to get it to do anything!
I was also annoyed at the lack of consistency between the stated policy of the hotel around towels. Despite following the instructions to 'hang your towel on the rail' if you don't want it changed, housekeeping nonetheless thought it was necessary to give us three fresh towels despite only getting one use out of the two we had to start with! And like most hotels, they're too lazy to provide a recycling bin, so I was left with that guilty feeling of leaving my recyclables next to the garbage bin knowing they'd go to landfill...
The kitchen is well-equipped, and although we only stayed two nights, I was surprised to see there was a washing machine for longer stays, so the room would be very comfortable for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers guests maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's cosmopolitan CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers 87 modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The MCG, Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. Mantra 100 Exhibition's modern apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with IPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas. Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers contemporary accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travelers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne