“Reasonable refit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra 100 Exhibition

You added Mantra 100 Exhibition to your Saves list
Mantra 100 Exhibition
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Pacific International Apartments)   |
Ranked #90 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Canberra, Australia
“Reasonable refit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Mantra 100 Exhibition is a refit of what was, presumably, an old office building. It's not bad; certainly comfortable, but its age is showing.
Apart from filthy windows (and I don't see how it would even be possible to clean them), the place was spotless. The room was also very large, which is a bonus.
Although I was travelling for business on this occasion, school holidays meant I had my ten year old daughter with me. Giving her the main bed, I reluctantly accepted a sofa bed, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was.
One pain was the television remote. When will someone figure out a way to make hotel remotes work properly? Most of them are bad, but this one was almost useless. It took a lot of persistence to get it to do anything!
I was also annoyed at the lack of consistency between the stated policy of the hotel around towels. Despite following the instructions to 'hang your towel on the rail' if you don't want it changed, housekeeping nonetheless thought it was necessary to give us three fresh towels despite only getting one use out of the two we had to start with! And like most hotels, they're too lazy to provide a recycling bin, so I was left with that guilty feeling of leaving my recyclables next to the garbage bin knowing they'd go to landfill...
The kitchen is well-equipped, and although we only stayed two nights, I was surprised to see there was a washing machine for longer stays, so the room would be very comfortable for a week.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mantra100, Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Trevar,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to provide some useful feedback. I was please to hear you found our new sofa beds comfortable, our rooms spacious and that cleaning was up to standard.

I appreciate your comments about some of our sort comings. We have booked the window washers and our maintenance crew have addressed the remote issue. I will be reminding our housekeeping department about the towels.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back to Mantra 100 in the future.

Mantra 100 Exhibition

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in a 1 brm apt overlooking Exhibition st. The whole place has been recently renovated & was super clean (i'm very fussy about that!). Our room had plenty of space for us and a portacot, and the staff were great- very friendly and accommodating, negotiating a good deal for us on the rate for a 5 night stay.

• Stayed October 2011
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear ESchmid,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel in such a positive light. As a team we appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed our freshly renovated rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My family from Newcastle booked five rooms in October 2011. The rooms were spacous and comfortable. The lane was a bit noisy in the wee hours but the service, particularly from Andre was faultless. Best reception manager ever experienced. Great place, great holiday. Close to MCG, Lygon Street & shopping. It was unanimous. Cant wait to return. Make sure you keep Andre.

Room Tip: Walk a lot and have a few Carlton Draughts and it doesnt matter. Also dont waste money on airport t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Joe D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the positive review and comments. All my staff work hard to provide a high level of service and I am pleased to hear that Andre helped to make you stay special. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mantra 100 Exhibition.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This was a very comfortable overnight stay but I wished I could have stayed longer. The room was large and more like a modern apparrment with a kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. Lovely bathroom and great shower. The reception was very helpful and accommodated my 1am arrival after flight delays. I will be going back.

• Stayed October 2011
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear MarieS1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide such positive feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be comfortable. Thank you also for your comments about our Reception staff they really do appreciated it. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hobart, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Do not stay here as the noise and unti social behavior that goes on from dark until daylight in the lane way at the rear is horrendous and the staff of this Motel are powerless to do anything other than lock the front door at 9pm to keep the marauding youths out of their property. No sleep had by family of 5 for the two nights that we stayed there. We are never going back and suggest that anyone else avoids this property like the plague. Discraceful.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Tassie201,

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. While I disagree with your statement about us being the nosiest hotel in Melbourne, I do concede that we are a city hotel an on occasions outside influences can occasionally affect our guests. We do our best to control such situations and as always we encourage our guests to notify us if a problem is being experienced. I would like to assure you that the noise you experienced is an exception and not a common occurrence.

If you have time and would like to discuss your experience with me personally please don't hesitate to call me at the hotel. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Port Fairy, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

After spending three nights at Mantra on Exhibition in August for business, I came home to discover I had had my camera and several pieces of jewellery stolen. When I rang to report the stolen goods the Duty Manager showed so little interest he was almost yawning on the other end of the telephone. He was so rude I couldn't believe he was actually the Duty Manager. He was not prepared to look into the incident in any way and just tried to fob me off. I will never stay at a Mantra Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Jane F,

Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your situation. I am very concerned about this and I am sorry for your loss. If you could please contact me at the hotel I would very much like to discuss this matter with you.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Mantra 100 Exhibition.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Newly Refurbished Apartment In Great Location.Manager And Reception Staff Very Friendly And Helpful .We Love Melbourne And Will Return To This Hotel As Often As We Can.

Room Tip: Rooms Overlooking Beautiful Trees And Open Space In Exhibition Street Are Great.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Gary L

Thank you very much for your positive comment about our location, product and staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Mantra 100 Exhibition

Been to Mantra 100 Exhibition? Share your experiences!