“3 stars for quality, 4th star for the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Citigate Melbourne)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% off Opening Special
Ranked #93 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
OKC, OK
“3 stars for quality, 4th star for the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Not the best DoubleTree we have stayed in. There are several little things that leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth: the carpet was spotted and pilled, the bed is on casters making it easy to catch your toes, there is no closet, the room feels narrow, the toilet was left running until we removed the panel and manually stopped the tank, the sink basin never fully empties so there is always toothpaste/soap/whiskers left in it, and the front desk isn't super helpful. None of these things altogether is awful but feels more significant when traveling with very young children. I didn't really trust them crawling on the carpet trying to scratch up dried food. There is also no bathtub, another minus for kids. And the cookie upon check-in tasted like soap.

The positives: outstanding location! It's near heaps of stores, food, and many Melbourne attractions. Quick walking distance to Flinders Street Station, Fed Square, Botanic Gardens, several museums, St. Paul's Cathedral, and more. It's also quite easy to catch the free tram.

I don't recommend it for families with young children or babies. If I was traveling alone or only with my spouse, we would happily stay again and deal with the minor bumps.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bondi, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice location for a business hotel, across from Flinders Street Station and next door to Fitness First gym. Check in and receive a warm chocolate cookie.
Negative - there is no where to park a car to off load upon arrival. The closest car park is nearly 2 blocks away.
I also sent 2 emails to the hotel in regards to lost property, however upon promises to return with their findings was never followed up (twice).

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Raangi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne – Flinders Street. I appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor.

I am sincerely sorry to read that you have experienced problems with locating your lost and found, usually this is a fairly simple process for which I apologise. As your TripAdvisor profile does not contain your full name details to assist with identification, can I request that you please contact the hotel and speak with the assistant manager on duty. We want to make sure that any lost and found is returned to you in a timely manner.

Your feedback plays an important part in our process of continually improving and ensuring your next experience with us is great one.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, where there will always be a warm welcome awaiting your arrival.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved the location of this place, beds so comfy and concierge staff helpful azzzz, would of been good to have a microwave in room but above all great place to stay, had a room looking out towards the railway station which was nice, everymorning i loved to ppl watch

Room Tip: the higher the better, i reakon anything over the 6th floor and you can see the river
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynny H,

We take pride in creating a rewarding experience for our guests, with particular focus on our service, facilities and overall experience offering.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our location and our Concierge team level of service for which we strive to offer only but 100%.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. The team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street in the near future where there will always be a warm welcome awaiting your arrival.

King regards,

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Was a great stay, great location... just don't book 2 rooms at once.. they mess it up and get the other person to barge into your room at 6 in the morning while you're sleeping. Glad I don't sleep in the nude!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Alexadre E,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our location. I do apologise that your second booking under the same name was checked in to your already occupied room. Please be assured that I have addressed this with my Front Office Manager following your feedback submitted via our internal channels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am in town for business, this hotel is dead center of the CBD! walking distance to great attractions, restaurants, transportation (Free CBD trolleys to get you everywhere) across the street from the train station, close to all the sporting venues. The room was good, usual downtown small (250-300 square feet guessing) staff was good, overall nice experience. Nope, won't disappoint the few of you that watch my reviews... NO ice machine, room service only, or I just picked it up each night as I came in. You will not be sorry if the price isn't a problem.

Room Tip: I Had room 602, GREAT View! Guessing all on the train station side is great,
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear David M,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our location and new look recently refurbished rooms and public areas.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a 2 night stay her during the school holidays after the Easter break and we loved it. The buffet breakfast is really terrific at only $30 if paying for an extra guest, and the dinner at night was first class. We enjoyed a King bed room which was most comfortable without it being 2 single mattresses joined together! Just a short walk to the Bourke St Mall. Oh, and the warm choc chip and hazelnut cookie on arrival is delicious. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Hewjo,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our location and food offering at breakfast.

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My hotel was walking distance to everything. Room was great. Staff was great. I decided to stay one more day on the spur of the moment, and the manager on duty helped me out immediately. I was even able to stay in the same room!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Dear Carol Q,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular the attention provided by my Assistant Manager on Duty assisting you extend your visit.

Clinton Farley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street? Share your experiences!