“Great location and great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Citigate Melbourne)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% off Opening Special
Ranked #93 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Great location and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a 2 night stay her during the school holidays after the Easter break and we loved it. The buffet breakfast is really terrific at only $30 if paying for an extra guest, and the dinner at night was first class. We enjoyed a King bed room which was most comfortable without it being 2 single mattresses joined together! Just a short walk to the Bourke St Mall. Oh, and the warm choc chip and hazelnut cookie on arrival is delicious. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My hotel was walking distance to everything. Room was great. Staff was great. I decided to stay one more day on the spur of the moment, and the manager on duty helped me out immediately. I was even able to stay in the same room!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Carol Q,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular the attention provided by my Assistant Manager on Duty assisting you extend your visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. The team and I truly look forward to once again welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street in the near future where there will always be a warm welcome awaiting your arrival.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

A new item for Hilton in the centre of town and it's a Double Tree so you know what you are getting....the location could not be better for heading out and walking around the city BUT I do not know what I was thinking when I ate in the hotel restaurant versus going out....I had lamb which was overcooked and cous cous which was undercooked.....in summary stay for the location if all you need is a bed and remember to eat out !

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

You cannot ask for a better location of an hotel in Melbourne. Perfectly located in front of Flinders Station and Federation Square.
Nice and well appointed rooms, if you can check for those ones ending in ....01 or ....02 ideally the 1001 or 1101 so you can enjoy the great view on Yarra River.
No fringes or fitness center in the hotel but nice breakfast at the lobby area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Luke991,

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne – Flinders Street. I appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor.

We take pride in creating a rewarding experience for our guests, with particular focus on our service, facilities and overall experience offering.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our location and recent refurbishment.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our current fitness facilities being offsite at Fitness First which is immediately adjacent to the hotel. We are currently in the process of finalising our future onsite fitness facility. All rooms at a the hotel offer minibar fridges, I'm not sure if this is what you referenced in your feedback.

Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is great location of a tourist visit to Melbourne. Most impressive however, was the helpfulness of the staff. It is obvious that they like working at the hotel and make a real effort to help out each other as well as the guests. They made our four day stay in Melbourne a delight.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Robt44,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our prime downtown location and the level of professional and personal service for which we strive to offer only but 100%.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We made our booking about a month in advance through booking.com. Room rate was $185 per night for Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
When we arrived we were greeted by a fairly rude check in clerk. The hotel promises a free cookie upon check in. The rude clerk did not oblige with our cookie.
We were early so dropped our bags and asked the aforementioned clerk to call us when the room was ready. No phone call was received and when we returned to the hotel at 3pm, the room was ready & the clerk had left for the day.
Our room had a wall to wall curtain and I drew it back expecting to see Flinders Street Station or some natural light but I was confronted by a wall. I see what they did there.... (Note: room 303 has no natural light)
The next morning there was a problem with the hot water and after phoning reception to advise them, we had to have a cold shower as the issue took over an hour to resolve. Brrrrrr.. That woke me up.
That afternoon we wanted to have a drink in the empty restaurant / bar. The waiter would not let us sit in a booth, advising it was being saved for dinner guests (it was about 4pm) and instead we were forced to sit next to an intoxicated member of the public. Cheers!!
When we arrived back later (around dinner time) we could not help but notice that the restaurant was still empty. The drunkard had moved on to their next port of call though.
Oh, the toilet seat in our room was broken. Maybe we were not supposed to notice that? Hence no natural light.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma M,

I am sincerely sorry to read that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Your feedback plays an important part in our process of continually improving and ensuring your next experience with us is great one.

I appreciate your feedback concerning the booked internal room and are sorry to read that you did not enjoy what the designers have done with this room type: the funky on wall light box of historic Melbourne. We do in fact have 13 internal rooms at the hotel and market these rooms with no window. These are our standard rooms.

I appreciate your feedback regarding hot water unfortunately we had a transformer blow on this particular morning effecting only a few rooms due to same time demand. Again I apologise profusely for this.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, where there will always be a warm welcome awaiting your arrival.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Not realizing when I booked it, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into this hotel, having stayed here 2 years earlier under a different name (Citigate Hotel). The service is probably even better now than previous. The location of this hotel is fantastic, with trams, trains, bus all at your doorstep, with many major venues within a comfortable 15 minute stroll through the city.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Rube1964,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our team level of service for which we strive to offer only but 100%.

Clinton Farley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street? Share your experiences!