You added DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Citigate Melbourne)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% off Opening Special
Ranked #86 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Overnight ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel is clean and trendy, trio of dips yummy with a glass of Pinot Gris. Room well laid out with plenty of space, bed comfy and bath room well appointed
All in all a good central place to stay with lots of eats around the crn. Try degraves lane way for a feed in the morning or evening

Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Loved this hotel, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially when giving us country folk directions to the tram and advice on which tram to take.
Breakfast was great and I loved the design of the hotel - very urban chic. We would love to stay here again as the location is perfect with a stone's throw from Fed Square, Flinders Street station and great eateries and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear DimityJane,

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne – Flinders Street and for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. My team and I certainly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to read that we made your stay in Melbourne great.

We too love the location of our fantastic new property and I am pleased to hear our front desk team were able to assist with directions to places of interest.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel and once again thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. We hope to see you again soon!

Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location is great but was hard to find as there were no outside signage &'was very hard to find park so we could unload our luggage.Room had no views,but was very clean. Staff were very good. Was very surprised to that you had to pay for Wifi, mast hotels offer free wifi in rooms.

Room Tip: Don't book a lower floor room if you want to see daylight.
Dear 271Pam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street. I appreciate your feedback regarding signage and confirm that we are currently awaiting installation of a new street level sign. Currently we have signage located on the top of the hotel and at ground level, on our front doors, however appreciate more would be better and hope to have this installed within the next couple of weeks.

I hope that we will see you back in Melbourne sometime in the near future.

Warm regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As a regular visitor to the Hilton chain I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel, basically a little version of a Hilton. Staff were exceptional, The renovations almost complete so can only get better. Good proximity to most things. I Noticed the array of guests varied from business to family which was nice. Don't take a room over the airconditioners outside !!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Dear DavidB,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. My team and I certainly appreciate your feedback and am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us here in Melbourne's CBD.

We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to our brands and look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future where we will always have a warm welcome waiting, especially for you.

london, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good location, opposite the main train and tram. Use of first fitness gym next door which was very good. Had to pay for WiFi even in lobby. The breakfast was awful so used local cafes which are in abundance.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Joanne S,

Many thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you found the hotels location in the heart of Melbourne perfect while visiting for the Australian Tennis Open. I appreciate your feedback regarding WiFi in the hotel lobby and am sorry to read that you were not advised that this was free of charge. We offer complimentary WiFi in both the hotel lobby and business centre and find than many guests enjoy using the lobby space due to its convenience to our bar, offering refreshments and food, day and night.

I am pleased to advise that since your stay we have launched our new restaurant Platform 270 and are offering a full breakfast buffet as well as an a la carte breakfast offering.

I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back to the hotel again on a future trip to Melbourne.

Traralgon, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Fantastic location right in the heart of the city across from flinders street station. Fanastic staff, great price booked on Hotels.com got a great rate. Very quiet considering right in the heart of the city, will stay again for sure

Dear snake43,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us here in Melbourne's CBD.

It is pleasing to read that you found our location right in the heart of the city perfect for your visit and I am glad to hear that your room was quiet and our team service exceptional.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future where we will always have a warm welcome waiting, especially for you.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Decided to try the DoubleTree as opposed to the usual Hilton South Bank where I normally stay. New hotel and initial appearances looked ok and being in a rush I was happy to see no queues at reception. Although being a Hilton regular and part of the HHonors club after at least 20 minutes I was finally checked in. What took so long I have no idea. No explanation, no apology from the mute staff who were obviously in no rush. Unfortunately this made me late the remainder of the evening. Rooms were ok, not great but at least the hotel is in a good location. At least check out was a little quicker - only 15 minutes this time and again no explanations provided. Only just made my flight due to this delay. Got to say if they cant get check in/check out correct then you have to wonder what is going on. I have noticed I have now been upgraded to a silver member, well that is what it says on my emails as I haven't noticed any difference from being a standard member.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Dear Roger C,

Thank you or choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street and for your ongoing loyalty to our brands.

I am sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations on this visit due to a delay upon check-in and a slower than expected departure from the hotel. Our team at front desk strive to be as efficient as possible to ensure ease of arrival and departure for our guests and I do apologise that you were delayed upon this occasion. While we try our best to ensure rooms are available prior to our 3:00pm arrival time, occasionally due to peak occupancies this is not always possible. It is procedure to offer baggage storage and the comfort of our lobby area to await availability.

Please be assured that I have reviewed both arrival and departure processes with my Front Office Manager and again thank you for your comments. Roger C, I would like to place on your Hilton Hhonors profile an early arrival preference and encourage you to contact myself directly with membership details to allow this.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future where we will always have a warm welcome waiting.

Clinton Farley

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street? Share your experiences!