“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst visiting family. The Miami is clean and well managed. The rooms are smallish but if its only somewhere to sleep its fine, good sized comfy beds. Unlike most accommodation in Aus the Miami gives you complimentary internet. Its about 10 mins walk from city centre/ train station, but there are still a few good places to eat and drink in close by. All in all the Miami is a good all rounder. Please be aware this is not a hotel with restaurant or anything, theres a kitchen area for guests cooking upstairs.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked a last minute trip to Melbourne for the weekend in late November. Searched around for a hotel reasonably close to the city centre and came across Miami Hotel in West Melbourne. It's not exactly an enticing exterior and the interior is not much better but the room was clean, the sheets fresh, the shower was decent and the staff friendly and helpful. Check in is not normally until 2pm, I arrived early around 11.30am expecting to just drop off my luggage and check in later but the staff on reception immediately contacted housekeeping to check on the status of the room. They gave me a voucher for a complimentary coffee in the cafe in case I wanted to wait until the room was ready. A few mins later, housekeeping confirmed my room had just been cleaned so I could check in after all. The location is fairly convenient - 15 mins walk to Southern Cross Station, 5 mins walk to the tram to catch the 57 into the centre. There are a couple of cafes and restaurants near by on Victoria St. I particularly recommend Di Bella Coffee House on Leveson St.for a lazy Sunday Brunch. All in all pleased with my choice. Only down side was a bit of traffic noise but probably quieter than staying in the heart of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in Melbourne for 8 days, and stayed at Miami Hotel for the first 2 nights and last 2 nights of my stay, with my wife and 2 kids. Booking was made 3 months in advance for a family room with 1 large bed and 2 single beds.

Check-in was a breeze. Kelly the front office manager was friendly and apologetic that they were unable to accommodate my family with a room on the ground floor. As the hotel has no lifts, and our room was on the 2nd floor, moving our luggage to our room was a workout in itself. So be prepared if you're carrying heavy luggage.

The room & en-suite toilet/bathroom were clean and tidy. Kettle & hairdryer provided with complimentary coffee and tea. Breakfast is available every morning (at own cost) at the hotel café, though lunch is only available on weekdays. My kids loved the omelettes and pancakes stacks. The hotel also provides discount cards where you can purchase a coffee/tea at AUD $2.

Parking is available within the hotel at AUD $9 per night but must be specified in your booking as parking spaces are limited. The parking lots are also tighter than what you'd normally find in Melbourne.

Check-out was hassle free.

On our second stint with Miami Hotel, Kelly had managed to get us the family room on the ground floor. It was spacious and 2 single beds were arranged in the adjoining bedroom, while the queen size bed was in the main room. I believe this is the biggest room in the hotel and well worth the money.

Location-wise, its in West Melbourne but within walking distance to Queen Vic Markets. There is a supermarket (IGA) and numerous eating options (Italian, Fish & Chips, Asian) that are about 5 mins walk away at Errol Street.

I would recommend this hotel for its excellent service and clean rooms (something which I had an issue with for the other places I stayed in during this same trip).

Room Tip: Request for ground floor rooms where possible as there are no lifts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my second stay at the Miami Hotel, and it was just as good as my first. This time I stayed in one of the superior rooms with en suite, and the place was spotless. I was able to get an early check in which was greatly appreciated, and the staff on the desk were consistently kind and friendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It is outstanding value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the Miami Hotel in Melbourne for three nights in November and I was extremely satisfied. We were greeted by a friendly man at reception called George who made an effort to ask our names and talk to us a lot about the area and what the hotel has to offer.

I booked a superior twin room for $309 for 3 nights. There were no double rooms available at the time in my price range. When we were checking in George tried to offer us an upgrade to a double room for an additional $30! We declined and just pushed the beds together ourselves, which was fine! We had our own en suite bathroom which was spotless. It included complimentary shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hand soap, body lotion, shaving cream, and towels. I did not get a look at the shared bathrooms facilities as our key cards would not open those doors. The shared kitchen was very clean.

The hotel itself is a bit of a walk to the city which we did not mind. In 20 mins you can be at Southern Cross station, or in 5 mins there are lovely cafes and a bar or two on nearby Errol Street. We got a taxi back from Fitzroy one night which cost us $11.50, which I was pleasantly surprised about. (I’m used to Sydney prices!) The zoo is a 30 min walk.

All in all, we had a very pleasant stay and I would stay again the next time we come back to Melbourne.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great stay in the miami hotel!
Staff was really friendly Always eager to help.

Rooms + Kitchen + bathroom are clean and tidy.
We even asked our frends to change their booking to come with us to the miami hotel ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I contacted the Miami with quite short notice for a small group. They were extremely accommodating of our needs and the staff were very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for groups. The rooms aren't huge but they are very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the second floor and there's no lift/elevator so you have to be prepared to walk up and down stairs a few times, but that's not a big deal. Errol street was just a few minutes walk away with some great restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Miami Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!