“Excellent Service, Delicious Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #310 of 4,076 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent Service, Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was concerned about finding gluten free meals in Melbourne and I found myself a perfect lunch meal. I had the pear salad with juicy sweet pomegranate, salad leaves, tomato, avocado, and walnuts with pomegranate dressing. The chef customised my salad by adding grilled chicken breast (I was hungry). It only cost $15 which was such great value. It was a big serving, the service was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful, especially when I had to leave for a flight in 15 mins! They had my meal ready in a flash. It was such a refreshing, fresh, filling meal which surprised my taste buds. The music was nice and the mood was relaxing, comfortable and elegant. Would definitely recommend it.

Melbourne, Australia
“Best high tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It's the best place to catch up with friends on any occasion , the best high tea and very generous .but unfortunately the service was a bit disappointing we had to get up and ask for water every time we need it a refill which it was a several times ., Otherwise it's highly recommended the food is very fresh and very high on quality . Can't wait to get back there and catch up with my friends again .

• Visited October 2013
Malaysia
“Scrumptious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Waiting Room is a separate bar and tea/coffee area to one side of the lobby of the Crown Casino hotel. All separated from the lobby traffic and it actually works well to give one a feeling of being in a special tea room.
Afternoon tea with tea/coffee is AUD49 per person and is great value for money, Beautifully served on a sliver platter with a great choice of teas. Lovely breads with the varied sandwiches and gorgeous cakes to follow. Truly delicious - and the pallette cleanser of gin & tonic jelly was a little special something. And the scones are cooked to order so you tell your waitress when you are ready for them and 10/15 minutes later the freshly baked scones arrive - they were scummy.
An extremely good & scrumptious afternoon tea and all-in-all great value for money.
Five us were there and we had not a single grumble.
Afterwards I noticed that in the same location . afternoon was also available on the first floor in The Conservatory - and I am sure that this is well worth a visit as well

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne
“Go back and learn customer service with wine.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A late night evening drink to wind down and escape the revellery and chaos of the nearby casino should have been a lovely way to finish a wonderful evening dining out. Instead, service was poor, distracted; and "vacant" and when my partner queried the quality of the wine; the waiter did not respond with a replacement, even when we expressed our concerns. We left it untouched. To pay the bill I had to go to the bar, find the same waiter (who then couldn't recall who I was) and they seriously didn't care a hoot whether we had a nice time or not. Such a shame as "The Waiting Room" has a lovely ambience, great location; and it a LOT more peaceful than the madness happening in the casino next door.

Melbourne, Australia
“High Tea on a Budget!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had high tea with several friends and were delighted with the variety of sweet and savoury dishes. Very fulfilling! Would love to go back for lunch or dinner to try out the rest of their menu! Great music selection too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere