“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lygon Lodge Carlton

You added Lygon Lodge Carlton to your Saves list
Lygon Lodge Carlton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Lygon St. | Carlton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   |
Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked and paid for through an airline package. Owner did not honour this booking and charged for the room. Said he had no such arrangement with Virgin Australia. Bathroom was smelly too, and there was constant building noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Byron Bay, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

While parking my car on arrival I was told off by a man who didn't like the way I parked. It turned out to be the owner, at the time I had no idea who he was, he just came up, no introduction, and started bossing me around. Not a great welcome. On the second night the car park was full and I was directed to park in a dark back alley that didn't feel safe. My room overlooked large garbage bins for the surrounding restaurants and they stunk. There was a large air vent outlet for a neighbouring office building which made a continuous loud roar that could not be shut out even when I closed the window. Tiny TV screen mounted high on the wall made it hard to watch. The only bed covering was a quilt with no sheet which was too hot, with nothing light to put on the bed on a warm night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This was the second time we have stayed here very clean and comfortable with good service . In a very good position Bob and his family made us very welcome . Bit of a tight fit with the statesman but bob helped us out again he can call me Captain Hook anytime he wants . A very relaxing few days .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Remember when you used to check into hotel accommodation and got a warm and friendly welcome? I had almost forgotten what it was like until I met Bob. Not only was our 4 night stay a delight in a lovely renovated room with excellent housekeeping, but they went an extra mile when overseas visitors we were hosting were placed in appalling local accommodation (not by us!) and we moved them to Lygon Lodge at short notice. Bob and his his staff were extremely helpful.
Thankyou for making our stay such a pleasurable experience

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Margaret River, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week and have to say great location right at Lygon st restaurant scene one street from trams 5 mins to city $150 per night great value for money. Smallish room but had kitchenette lounge and adequate bathroom, loved the location

• Stayed November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My Husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Lodge as it was his birthday, the owner gave as an lovely renovated room which was clean, with everything we needed and the kitchen was a plus. Check in was very easy and fuss free, staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is very laid back. The location sold me as the restaurant and cinema we went to were near by, and having hundreds of cafes and shops around was enjoyable with the local park having a festival on Sunday. We don't live far, but it was a very relaxing mini break and have re booked for the Melbourne cup period.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne Central
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

On the 13/10/12 me and my wife stayed in room 116 at the hotel for my wife's 25th birthday and the tap of the shower had fallen off and made it quite difficult to have a hot shower, and the toliet would not the flush - which become very embarring for both of us after a big night on the town,
We also found that the sugar with the coffee making facilites was half already used and a few of the power points and lights did not work.
We payed $150 for the nights stay and we are very disgusted that after discussing the issue with the manager all we were offered was a discounted stay next time - but there will not be a next time. I will taking this further as this not fair for us especially for my wife as it was for her birthday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Been to Lygon Lodge Carlton? Share your experiences!