“Old fashioned service” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Department Stores, Shopping
13 attraction reviews
“Old fashioned service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I don't often comment about department stores, but when I have had really good experience then I think they earned it. So, last Wednesday I was shopping in DJs looking for a dressy casual jacket. One of the staff members up in the suit section of menswear asked what I was after. I told him in vague terms. I also showed him a jacket I had seen that I fancied.

He wasn't convinced that it was the best thing for me, so he spent a good deal of time showing me alternatives. He was really concerned that I didn't buy a jacket that I would wear once and then leave in the wardrobe. After a good 20 minutes or so, he came up with something that cost less and was, on reflection, more suitable.

It was the kind of service that you don't get in Myers, David Jones' chief competitor. In Myers you're lucky if you can find a cashier. Good on you DJs

Visited January 2014

melbourne
“Best department store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Any fashion, gadget, stuff that you wish to have. High end product. This is the place you should go!

Visited January 2014
Macau, China
3 attraction reviews
“It's pretty good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The products there are expensive.. However.. The qualities are really good.. It's worthy for people to go.. if you are looking for different clothes or souvenirs from brands..

“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Excellect shopping experience! Super Xmas discount, various store location, nice gift card. Can eat, or take a break there

Visited December 2013
“Full of Designer stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been there a couple of times, lots of desiner staff for men and women.
Constantly add some new europen brand like Lavin, Dior and Alexder MacQueen etc.
Very nice staff and easy to get help from friendly David Jones staff. I really enjoy
shopping here.