“Hidden gem right in the city. (Market St Store)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of David Jones

David Jones
310 Bourke St. Mall,, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)
03-9643 2222
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 55 shopping in Melbourne
Type: Department Stores
Attraction Details
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Hidden gem right in the city. (Market St Store)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After you've looked at all the fine food and ingredients (Not quite Harrods Food Hall, but great nevertheless and a Sydney icon), Make sure you try the Noodles bar at DJ's city Food Hall. Very fresh, fast & pleasantly priced.

This place becomes busy at the key times of day, lunch on Saturday - Get there early, as the queue can be "20 mins" long.

Visited March 2013

8 attraction reviews
“Can get almost anything at DJ's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I love a good David Jones, and the Bourke Street store is the best! Great range, not too busy and more DJ's staff than in Myer so you know you can get served

Wagga Wagga, NSW
12 attraction reviews
“The best place to shop in melbourne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

David jones is easily the best department store in Australia. The melbourne store hands down is a lot better then sydney. Melbourne shipping is amazing & I find the DJ's store there constantly replenishes there racks so there's always new things. The staff are fabulous & it's easy to get around despite its size. I love that I can go here & shop for designer clothing without having to go into Rach individual boutique.

Singapore, Singapore
32 attraction reviews
“Good customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Definitely a more expensive place to shop. Offers many good brands and I got a pair of Midas ballet flats here. The service was good as I approached a cashier who was chatting when I couldn't find any sales person. She immediately attended to me without hesitation and went to get me sizes I liked and even brought a new pair when I found some missing crystals on the shoes.

I enjoyed my shopping and I'm sure my feet aren't complaining too! :) Food in basement was rather sad looking and not many customers in sight. Maybe it was a Monday evening?

Visited September 2012
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
“High end shopping in a department store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Huge store. Mens in a store across the lane from the womens store. All the major designer brands available. Thank you Coach for having you sale. My wife is smitten with her new handbag.
Staff were extremely friendly and not pushy at all. Very helpful, and gave honest fashion advice. Trust me to a bloke thats beyond helpful.
Both the mens and womens stores were very clean and well presented. Competes well with similar style of stores in America.
The main thing I didnt enjoy was that the main through fare made the middle of the store feel cramped and busy, and I feel it didnt allow me enough space and opportunity to browse properly (I work in retail and this is a huge thing in my stores)
All in all though, I had a great shopping experience, and would not hesitate in shopping again when in Melbourne

Visited September 2012