“Let's be fair” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Saville

Hotel Saville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Hotel Saville
You added Hotel Saville to your Saves list
5 Commercial Rd. | South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia (South Yarra)   |
Ranked #158 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Wollongong, Australia
“Let's be fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked this hotel through Wotif before reading the reviews on this website and was quite apprehensive about staying here. I think Tripadvisor should check the veracity of some reviews. The reviews on Wotif are altogether more positive which leads me to suspect visitors using your website must have been staying in a different hotel. This is budget accommodation, and for the price it was clean, neat, tidy, and very conveniently located. Check in and service were courteous and helpful. I think it is really unfair to criticise a place which is not pretending to be anything other than three start accommodation. The room was not small or dark, the towels were changed every day, and the bed was very comfortable. In fact, I would give the hotel another half star. For less than one hundred dollars a night my wife and I were able to afford four nights in Melbourne. I would like to thank the staff and the hotel for providing accommodation at such a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: There was some street noise, but on the fifth floor barely noticeable unless you have a strong objec...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canberra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was excited to be staying in a building shaped like an octagon...that was cheap. Unfortunately this was a very dirty hotel. The bed had a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, a crocheted rug and a thin rug on top. The top rug had stains on it that had matted the fibers and made it go crusty. I don't want to think what they were. The pillows were the thinnest I've seen. The room was freezing cold and I could hear all of the street noise. The walls must be paper thin as I could hear most of the things the neighbours were doing (luckily just watching sport on tv). The bathroom had a moldy smell, even if I couldn't see any mould.
On the plus side, the staff were nice, there was 24 hour concierge, the location is great and the shower was hot.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I think Quick Bed must be sincere to customers. I requested a late check out and it must be clear. The hotel was very rude and tried to push me out at 1.00pm, while I had to stay till 2.00pm. The lady at reception was very Rude. We do not want to know hotel's problem. She tried to give excuse that house keepers will finish at 2.00pm..THAT IS NOT MY WORRY. I was never told by Quick Bed that i will have to pay $20.00 p/hour for late check out, now I have to $60.00 extra. I could have stayed at better place for $160.00. I was further told that if I did not book on Internet I would have got free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and wish now I had spent my money elsewhere. It's in a great location, right near chapel st and trams, but facilities are awful. Room is small and very dark. Room service is awful, I walked into my room after room service and the only thing done o the bathroom was a change of bin. The bed wasn't even made properly, my pajamas were sill in the sheets which tells me they just pulled the sheets up. Super noisy too, everything inside is really old. If you're staying in Melbourne just pay a bit more for a nicer hotel and use transport, it's not worth staying here! I would never come back or recommend to anyone!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Currumbin, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is a filthy old cold, dump.The Foyer was old and tired, but room 206 was filthy mould covered the bathroom ceiling, the tiles on the floor had not been washed or cleaned the carpet had stains all over it, and holes in it.The bed only has a old brown blanket on it, no Doona or Bedspread on it, and the table in the room had dirty marks on it still even though the cleaner had just left the room as we arrived. We checked in went up to our room took photo's of the filth and went and looked for another Hotel, we checked out as soon as we found one,we did not stay here at all as i would not have wanted to take my shoes of and have my feet touch the floor or tiles. Avoid this dump at all costs i have stayed in cleaner Backpackers, theres no excuse for filth.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you want a decent room or sleep
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

the hotels decor is old and outdated, the rooms ares poorly lit with basic facilites, ie working bathroom , the room interiors are old and glumy and consist of cold nights, the first few nights were spent on the 3rd floor room 306 i think from memory, the noise from the street traffic is quite loud,

after a couple nights i got a phone call from reception advising that i would have to move rooms the following day when i asked why the response was oh didnt you know the whole floor needs extensive cleaning

so was then moved to the 6th where the wind and noise is not as bad room was still poor

i justed it as a crash pad from nights out on the town but even then i would never stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane Queensland Aust
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

They cancelled my booking 7 hrs befroe checkin saying they were overbooked. They blamed Wotif.com who denied this and told me that Wotif not control a hotel's stock.
I can't prove it but feel that Wotif were more upfront and believable.
The hotel staff member's attitude was not very couteous or helpful - they said they were giving me a "couretsy call" at the request of the manager. (I explained that they chose to use Wotif to sell their stock and that they should feel some repsonsibility in the matter even if they thought Wotif was to blame. The staff member replied they didnt even have to call me. I encouraged them to place some pressure on Wotif if the hotel felt that Wotif were to blame - the staff declined to do this and suggested I take it up with Wotif. I still believe Wotif's version

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Saville? Share your experiences!