“Good Value for Southbank” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Southbank Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Southbank Melbourne to your Saves list
Travelodge Southbank Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Ranked #39 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Poole
“Good Value for Southbank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed one night at the Travelodge and were very pleased with our experience. It was lovely and close to Southbank which was great. We were pleased to have a kettle and a sink and a fridge in the room as well. The only downside was the bathroom. The unit had a crack in it and it's been a long time since I stayed in a room with a shower curtain. So I avoided using the shower. The staff were very helpful and we left our luggage in the store room whilst we did some sightseeing. I would definitely use again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BenLancken, Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear xangrace,

The Team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Thank you for your comments regarding the bathroom. As part of our continual improvement program, we are currently working on a bathroom upgrade program. Once completed, all rooms will have new tiles, shower screen and bathroom vanity.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Hotels in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. Arriving early were given an immediate check in. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. The location of the hotel is perfect, less than 5 minutes walk to Flinders Street. The Casino and DFO a short walk along the riverbank. Lots of restaurants and a Food Court are just a few minutes away. The Skybus drops off and picks up at this hotel. The room was a good size with a King Bed, sofa, coffee table, table and 2 chairs. There is a small kitchenette with a microwave, great for heating food but not really set up for cooking. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and I would definitely stay here again as it was such good value and close to all transportation.

Dear lori_rose,

The Team are absolutely thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive comments.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

For location, price & standard of accommodation this really does take some beating! Compared to another TL in Sydney this is streets ahead in comfort & all round presentation we have now stayed here three times whilst visiting Melbourne & would recommend it to any visitor. Easy walking to Fed square & right by the Yarra for great range of eating & bars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter F,

The Team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback & for your glowing review.

Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Travelodge Southbank for 4 nights with my family.
The rooms are comfortable.
They also have a kitchenette, microwave oven and utensils, so it's easy to prepare our own meals if we feel like it.
The hotel has a coin operated laundry which is ideal for us light travelers.
There is also a seven eleven around the corner.
Flinders Street Station is just 15 minutes away on foot and I enjoyed the walk across the footbridge going to the station or to the shopping area.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BenLancken, Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Bidok,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I spent two nights at the Travelodge. I found the room well maintained, comfortable and quiet. Furnishings are not elaborate but they are comfortable - especially the bed.
The daily rate. given that the hotel is excellently located to public transport, a host of excellent restaurants and a short walk across the Yarra river to Melbourne CBD, makes it a very favorable choice. Taxis are available 24 hours at the front door to the hotel - especially helpful if you have an early morning departure flight
I found the staff very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to experience the breakfasts due to other commitments.

A big thanks to the staff for a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: This hotel puts you in the right place, gives affordable accommodation of a good standard so you can...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Masendekat,

Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We returned to Travelodge Southbank tailing up a 3 week southern break. As noted by most this location is superb given the walking distance to the CBD, MCG, Restaurants and the Casino. This trip made me aware that the Queen beds are more comfortable than many we experienced so a good nights sleep is on the cards.

I did however feel customer service is declining as opposed to our stays last year. A couple of problems, reception coded our room swipes incorrectly meaning we were locked out of our room on the final day of our stay, our room service lady was unable to understand Yes fresh towels please.

The cleanliness also appears to have slipped a notch as our bathroom was not as clean as previous stays and looking a little mouldy and tired, the hallway on level 6 often had small rubbish on the carpet during the day and cleaning staff seemed comfortable leaving their trusty vacuum cleaner in various positions along the hall most days.

I hope these are only temporary glitches, will be interesting to see if things have changes if we stay when back in beautiful Melbourne in August.

Dear Craig W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I am sorry to read that oure housekeeping has let us down on this occasion. From what you have written, it appears your experience was not up to the standard that we expect. I have addressed your concerns with the Executive Housekeeper to improve our overall guest experience.

I strongly encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel when you next plan to visit Melbourne so that I can ensure you are well looked after when you come back in August.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Queensland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. We have previously stayed at other Travelodge Hotels and have always found our stays very good. We went out for dinner and returned at about 11pm. At about 5am, we awoke to a bright flashing light above the bed. Realizing it was the fire alarm, we contacted reception to be told that it flashed to show the fire alarm was still working. My husband informed the person at reception that it was not flashing this bright or this long before we went to sleep so the person at reception said he would check it out. Calling back about 2 minutes later, we were told everything was fine and they could come and tape over it if it was really annoying us. We declined and tried to go back to sleep but the flashing was getting brighter and more often. I rang down to reception to be told there was nothing wrong and it was always flashing, to which I suggested that we would have noticed it before going to bed and I can get woken up at 6am at home. We were informed someone would come and look at it. When the person came, he informed us that the battery was probably running low and would log it with Maintenance to be fixed and we could switch rooms if we were staying another night, which we weren't. Poor customer service number 1.
Poor customer service number 2 is I sent an email, informing Travelodge of what had happened the following night. I have allowed nearly 10 days pass to which I have received no response to my email, which states someone will be in contact within 48 hours. I do realize it is difficult to respond to complaints but to receive nothing at all is very poor customer service. I also understand that the battery going flat isn't really the person on reception's fault but being dismissive and unhelpful and then not receiving any feedback back from Travelodge customer service really turned us off going back to and recommending Travelodge to others.
The room itself was clean but the water pressure in the shower was extremely low, it was not strong enough to wash out my hair in the morning. Once again, it was a great location, very close to the Crown Complex but I would rather spend my money else were if I'm going to be treated like that. It very much put a cloud over what was suppose to be fun night out without children.

Room Tip: Check the water pressure in the shower and the batteries in the fire alarm before unpacking :)
Dear JandKQLD,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank.

Unfortunately I have not recieved the email you refer to in your comments. I have checked at the hotel, with our head office and with our guest feedback survey supplier and we were unable to locate any correspondence from you. Unfortunately I am not able to identify you or your booking to be able to locate your contact details.

I would like an opportunity to review your feedback and discuss this with you. I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel. I would be delighted to chat with you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ben Lancken | Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Southbank Melbourne? Share your experiences!