“Pleasantly suprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Southbank Melbourne

You added Travelodge Southbank Melbourne to your Saves list
Travelodge Southbank Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Ranked #35 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Ballan
“Pleasantly suprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was really pleased with our room. The bed was comfortable (more than some expensive hotels I have stayed in).
The room has a microwave, kettle, fridge, cutlery and crockery.
We ordered from Soprano's and it was delivered right on time (fantastic meal too).
The location is great, we were going to a concert at The Sidney Myer Music Bowl and it was less than 10 mins walk.
Had a buffet breakfast in the morning, which was yummy and the cafe latte was really nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thanks for your positive feedback - It means a lot to the team here at Travelodge Southbank! I hope you enjoyed your concert as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. My self and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Great location on south bank, access to crown casino is good. Great selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
The hotel is in a fantastic location and whether in Melbourne for leisure or work it is walking distance to most of the cities fabulous attractions and only a short walk across the river into the CBD. I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as the first nights of our holiday. This is the best Travelodge I have ever stayed in - clean, nicer rooms than your usual UK Travelodge, friendly staff... Just what you need. It's a great location too, just off the Southbank and a quick walk over the bridge to Flinders Street station and Exhibition Square. If you are just looking for a base in Melbourne and don't want anything glamourous from your hotel then this does exactly that. 5 stars for what it is....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very comfortable room, and great location but it was the staff that really made all the difference on this visit. My friend became unwell, and the front desk staff called an ambulance, then rang the room to assure us that it was on the way, and ask if there was anything they could do to help while we waited. Later that day I received a phone call from the staff saying "I see that your friend went to hospital overnight - how is she & can we do anything to help?"

When I ended up needing to stay an extra night, it was no trouble, and every time I came in from the hospital, the front desk staff would ask after my friend. Getting sick at any time is not pleasant but it becomes significantly more stressful when you are away from home, and your normal resources and supports. Thanks to the Travelodge Southbank staff, I had a few less things to worry about at this time. I will definitely be going back, and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, February 14, 2012

I do hope your friend is feeling better and I look forward to welcoming you and your friend back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with friends, we had three single beds in a room and it was good value. Location was great - walking distance to city, shops and restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I got caught out on was not booking my airport transfer 24 hours earlier with reception (but that was my fault). The staff referred me to the telephone located near reception which you can dial and speak directly with the airport shuttle bus company to arrange hotel pick ups.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, February 13, 2012

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We know you have
many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose
Travelodge Southbank for your future travel needs.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge Southbank for 5 nights. It is located right near the Yarra River (no views of the river though), so you can step out the door and be walking alongside the Yarra and experiencing the atmosphere. It was a 10-15 minute walk to the Convention Centre, close to the Art Gallery as well as many restaurants nearby to choose from. You are only a few minutes away from from Flinders Street Station, and the rest of city (for shopping) via the footbridge that crosses the river. Taxis are available pretty well all the time just outside the front door.
The hotel room and facilities were comfortable. My room had a microwave, but no extra frills like mini bar, pool or gym. WIFI is available at an extra charge. Breakfast for just $15 is great value (includes hot food).
I've stayed in many Melbourne hotels, but think this is one of the better ones, location-wise (and value) - especially during the summer months, so you can easily do an evening stroll along the Yarra. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne, responded to this review, February 12, 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Excellent service, room and price, and handy to everything. I fell ill during our stay and they called an ambulance for me. Later that day they phoned my friend at the hospital to see how I was and arranged an extended stay for her. The helpfulness and compassion of the staff could not have been better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Southbank. I will be sure pass your compliments onto my team of whom I am very proud. I hope you are feeling better as well.

Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Southbank Melbourne? Share your experiences!