“Spacious but poorly upkept” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Hero on Russell

You added Quest Hero on Russell to your Saves list
Quest Hero on Russell
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   140 Little Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 29 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“Spacious but poorly upkept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at quest hero for a working week, by myself while on business in Melbourne.
Although it was spacious, the quality of the apartment and fitting was poor, with burn marks in the lounge, lights not working, and excessive noise from vent fans. There was also a smell of cigarettes in the room.

The TV was microscopic, and I had to move the furniture to see the tv effectively.

It was ok, but for the price there would seem to be better options.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

After having a pleasant stay at Quest on Hero I have now completely changed my mind about this hotel.
After making 3 phone calls regarding my security bond not being cleared into my bank account I was repeatedly told the same response "the bank has released the funds", as well as promises to call me back which never happened. A week later and still no money returned, not to mention the rude customer service.

If you like having your money in your account I don't reccommend you stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great value but excellent quality. Good position and spotless .
A stay in Melbourne was a Xmas present from my son and his family. This provided a base for two days touring around the city. If it were not so far away I would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Second stay here. Even better room layout this time on one level. Excellent little kitchen, all laundry facilities in room so totally self sufficient.
Extremely central to CBD attractions (trams, Chinatown, shopping ect.) and the sports precinct (AAMI, tennis centre and MCG) also only 10-15 min walk away.
The only downside was that it's quite noisy ( city sounds) overnight so if your a light sleeper bring earplugs. Didn't bother our crew at all as we were exhausted from trying to cram all Melbourne has to offer into a week!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Timaru, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at Quest Hero over the Christmas period 2013. We travelled with my elderly parents and could not fault the service or the apartment. We tried initially to book two bedrooms/two bathrooms but unfortunately this was not possible so we shared one bathroom, which was OK. Shower was fantastic! Bit noisy at night on a couple of nights but to be expected considering the time of year. Excellent location in the heart of the city. Staff were helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked a room for myself and two friends as we were in town for a convention at the Rod Laver Arena. I made the mistake of assuming that the reception would be open after 9pm but the building was closed, however the staff had left me keys and check in instructions in the key deposit box, so getting into the hotel was easy-much to my gratitude!
Apart from being a bit of a maze inside (only one lift takes you to the car park) the room was very comfortable and the location was brilliant- Chinatown is minutes away. There was a taxi rank very close which made getting to the arena really fast and convenent. The staff were very helpful and did not charge me for the trundle bed, which we didn't use. Nor did they charge me for an after hours call-out. The lady at the desk encouraged us to come again as she could get us a good group discount, which we probably will.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tangerang, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall experience of our 2 night stay was very good. We were staying at 2 bedroom type at 5th floor. This apartment was spacious and well equipped. Both bedroom had ample cupboard. The bathroom a bit small but clean. Spacious living and dining room. Good internet connection although a bit tricky for using more than one device. Relatively good value. Great location, just few minutes walk for various kind of food and getting on the public transport as well. Very helpful and kind front desk staffs. Entering from Little Collins to the reception with large/heavy luggage could be a problem as we have to go down through some stairs and no special path for wheeled luggage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quest Hero on Russell? Share your experiences!