“Boutique Hotel Near The City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #63 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
“Boutique Hotel Near The City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Boutique hotel. Rooms slightly small but comfy. Staff friendly. Food n bfast is decent. Wifi is reasonably fast but can b costly. Overall 4/5 star. Rooms neat, tidy n clean. The restaurant downstairs serves a meat Tenderloin Steak. Goes well with bottle of Shiraz.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
AUSTRALIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Don't believe the photos they showed on their website.
I came using Voucher bought online and was treated Badly. the staff have poor manners.Honestly it wasn't worth anything near what we paid for voucher.

1. The room was extremely small compared to what shown on website. I asked for a room closer to the lift. Two adults plus a toddler, closer to the lift would be more convenient to us. They refused. Their reason being: we are staying for 6 nights and no other availability. I found out other guests came later had a much bigger room under same category as the room we had.
(Did I mention the view? Oh, forget it) you get no view!

2. I asked again next morning the counter lady agreed other rooms were better than mine under same price category. She said she would check with her supervisor. Supervisor was not there at the time I asked so she asked the assistant supervisor who came out and used her finger pointing at the screen and walked away. The lady later told us we had to pay $60 extra to get a bigger room!

3. The cleaner seemed to have a problem with this room too. The toilet roll, tissue, body lotion, shower cap, even soap, were found too precious for her to refill. I had to call Housekeeping 3 days continuously because cleaner failed to refill! she took two toilet rolls out and did not put any in. how frustrating! the rest of the days i just couldn't be bothered calling anymore. Hello! Do they care?

4. Dust everywhere in the room too. I have to wipe it off myself!

5. First day we had two mugs in good condition. Second day we had a broken mug given to us. I called and was given small cup instead because they said no mugs available.

6. Everyday I had to bring my keys back to counter and get replaced. Its inconvenient i know but i don't mind if it doesn't take up so much of my time. Some staff are good and can organise it fast. Others u just wonder why they are so stupid because they talked to me on separate occasions but still asked me for my driving licence.

7. I could not access wifi as promised until I confronted the front desk with the booklet on third day of my stay. Of course, the free service is slow like hell, but I managed to get online to post this!

8. I bumped into this blonde short haired, Middle Aged cleaner lady at the lift one morning. I said Hi with a big smile. She returned my favour with a black long face. What's wrong with this place?!

My advice is, if you could after a comfortable place, don't bother this hotel. The voucher seems like a good deal but don't forget the extra $30 or $50 they charge on weekends.

• Stayed May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was the perfect getaway for my wife and myself, where we didn't have to get into the car after we arrived. It's a great with easy walking distance to the shops cinemas, casino etc. Whilst the rooms itself was not overly special, it was clean and spacious enough. The atmosphere of the place was elegant and stylish and you almost felt like you were living in the 1940s. It was a nice retrest for a couple. The service was very good.

Room Tip: Can only suggest to try and get a room that overlooks Flinder St.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just stayed for a long weekend with my fiancé. Fantastic location if you're looking to be in the CBD although the actual road the hotel is on is not the best road (right by train station). If you're looking for an older building with a bit of character, this is a good choice. I think rooms have been renovated in last few years. Our room was neat & tidy with a comfortable bed. However it was very small, with a tiny bathroom. Would recommend.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Attended a high tea at this hotel with friends.On the table was a small glass of warm water.Waiter eventually arrived with the bubbly and the tier of food.No tea or coffee.The sandwiches were made from thick bread (toast) and consisted of hard boiled egg,ham and cheese,eit5her salmon or tuna the rbread was to thick to tell the difference,cakes we re rich and gluggy,scones were delicious but still no tea or coffee.This arrived several minutes later and was served on domestic hotel china.Previous high teas alaways had English Royal Doulton,a pot of tea and e3xcellent service. I feel this their first foray into High Teas and they were swamped with the Scoopon b uyers (like us) I feel they will learn and have more staff.

Room Tip: Be prepared for stairs up to reception and down to restruant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mudgeeraba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with my husband two weeks ago. I liked the location, the staff were friendly, although they could put more Reception staff on when it's busy, because I hate waiting in line. Our room was ready at 11.00am which was great. Rooms are pretty small but functional, we had a bottle of wine waiting for us as part of a deal we got. The air conditioning wasn't working properly, but we rang up and they were prompt in fixing in while we went out. Then the TV starting having issues, they tried to fix it but because it was late at night, the Maintenance man wasn't there, so they offered us the free buffet breakfast in the morning, which I was happy with.

The bathroom was poorly designed, the toilet is at the entrance to the shower and everytime you had a shower, it flooded the toilet area, so if someone else went to the toilet after someone had had a shower, the floor was flooded.

Check-out was efficient and overall enjoyed our stay, but would probably go to another hotel next time in Melbourne.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed for one night so we could attend a function at nearby Crown. The room is very well appointed, we had view over the Yarra and we love the styling of the small but nicely decorated room. The staff are efficient and pleasant. The interior of the hotel is also very well done, this hotel is more like a boutique hotel than a large chain. Our only gripe (and this is carried over from our last stay in August 2012) is the size of the shower screen, as without a dam made out of a towel, you may flood the bathroom. There was a note with extra towels in the bathroom, so management are aware, just a shame that 8 months after our last visit, when we did make them aware of the issue, it hasn't been fixed. If it had have been, I'd be happy to rate this hotel a 5 out of 5. We will return, great location and excellent value for money.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!