“Nice for a weekend - eat elsewhere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

You added Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #64 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice for a weekend - eat elsewhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We checked into a superior room for a romantic weekend away. The room was small but clean and just right for our purposes. It was close by to everything we needed, the staff were helpful and overall the accommodation met our expectations.

We did have a buffet breakfast as we had an early departing flight. This was the low point of our stay. For almost $30 each, there are far superior breakfasts less than 10 minutes walk away.. if you can avoid it, then do!

Otherwise an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We checked in our an our early so we only got one room out of the two. This was 1pm so they don't seem to be terribly organised in the house keeping deoartment. No genuine empathy from the customer service agent at the front desk and she kept us waiting half an hour with no follow up. We had to wait again to basically get one room key. We carried our bags up to the room. The room is nice but tiny. The breakfast was in edible, I have never been so disappointed. The rest of the food I ate in the hotel very average.

Even small things like going in the lift to your room is awkward, if there is someone else in the lift and they swipe before you, the lift goes and you can miss your level. This is not a five star hotel. Also noise from other people's doors outside the rooms is noisy - again not five star AT ALL

I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: They are so tiny, I think you need to pay a lot to be able to move
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I only stayed one night in a Superior Room, so it wasn't so bad because there wasn't much room. But if I was staying longer I would like a bigger room. The only thing I didn't like was the balcony out side the bedroom window that couldn't be accessed from my room.
The room was clean and had just a basic bathroom, shower and toilet.
The mini bar prices were very cheap compared to most hotels.
The service was friendly and professional.
The buffet breakfast was just your standard breakfast, nothing fancy. Cereal x4, eggs, bacon, toast, raisin toast, muffins, pastries, fruit (fresh and preserved), yogurt, coffee, tea and juices.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm not sure why my previous review did not get posted but this is the worst hotel I have stayed in in my 20 years in travel. From the beginning with no-one helping me to my room with my 3 pieces of luggage even though there were so called staff just hanging around the counter doing nothing to the attitude from front desk when my wifi wouldn't work. I was given misinformation on the location of a restaurant, resulting in me being late for my own function to sending someone to help me with my 20kgs of material who complained every 30 seconds about having to do it even though I had not been the one to ask him but rather another staff member. I couldn't take it anymore so I told him to go away - I would do it myself. The 6 blocks I walked with this material should not have happened as I was told it was 5 minutes from the hotel otherwise I would have taken a taxi. Coming back to my room and seeing that my room had been serviced but there was a wet towel in the sink left behind. I also asked for a pillow from the pillow menu which was totally forgotten about and when I called to check on where it was after an hour and a half, took another 45 minutes to arrive and was presented with two choices none of which I had asked for. The guy at the front desk told me it was 4.5 star hotel - that is laughable. Will never stay here again nor any other Rendezvous again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Yep! The rooms are the size that you would expect from a grand old lady of 100 years, yet our room had been very recently refurbished, was very clean, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The staff we encountered were friendly, informative and helpful..........No Complaints Whatsoever!! and we would happily stay again. Jan and Chris Smith.- Happy Travellers.

Room Tip: Quiet, Refurbished at the back of the building!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We requested a quiet room on our booking form. We were not disappointed. Room was top floor, city view and very quiet. One of the best stays I've had in a hotel. Clean, comfortable, modern room. Room was on the small side but this didn't bother us. Great service and located within walking distance of the action.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room on the booking form.
Broome, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were visiting from country Victoria and stayed at the Rendezvous in Melbourne for a weekend away, the room was perfect for what we needed, comfy bed and clean room. The hotel is right in the city so close to shopping, restaurants and the train station.
The only complaint I have is that there was no mattress protector and NO quilt cover - there was a bottom sheet, a top sheet, and just the doona, they had thrown another top sheet over the top to try and hide it- but obviously as soon as you get into bed you realise the top sheet is just tucked under the doona.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!