“A Great Nights Sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

You added Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #66 of 169 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“A Great Nights Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was fortunate to be in Melbourne during the Tennis so my usual Hotel was booked. Managed to get into this Hotel. Aside from the expected price gouging during any major sporting event in Melbourne the hotel wasn't that bad.

On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and the check-in process was faster than most hotels I have stayed in. They also said I was upgraded. The lift to the room was small and they placed a large table in front of the lifts entrance which was annoying. Signage to the rooms could be improved but I managed to find it eventually.

The room had its good and bad points. Firstly it was smaller than I expected but it had incredibly high ceilings which made it feel more open and less claustrophobic . It was disappointing that the windows were practically non existent which made me feel like I was in an inside cabin on a P&O Ship. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet (not surprising given the small windows). The most disappointing aspect was the very small TV. Really... a modern CBD Hotel couldn't afford to buy a 42" plasma TV which would only cost about $500. A few more power points would have been helpful so I could charge my phone and laptop.

Walking around the hotel, the floors were very creaky which added to its charm. I think this is a historic building. The restaurant was fine and breakfast was good too.

I would defiantly stay there again due to the friendly staff and I had a really good nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Great location, but room very tiny. Told at check in my room had been upgraded which was nice, but I wonder how small the other would be?

• Stayed February 2012
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our Christmas gift from our children with tix to A Chorus Line - a night at the Rendezvous Hotel, Melbourne. How wonderful! Until we check in! Can't access the room with the swipe card, no problems, go to reception to have the card rekeyed; the bloke on reception comes back up to the room, he also can't access the room. "I'll send up the maintenance man."

Once settled in room, notice the toilet keeps running ... tried several flushes, didn't fix the problem. Rang downstairs to reception ... "I'll send up the maintenance man." So we couldn't shower before going to dinner and our show, as we had the maintenance man in our bathroom.

A room change ... returned from the show (fantastic by the way, and highly recommend it), to turn on the lights in the "upgraded room" (more like a dog kennel in size), to hear banging and shaking coming from the light box in the ceiling.

Another call to reception - and her response? You guessed it ... "I'll send up the maintenance man"!!!!!!

No you won't, get my car and we'll go back home.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The hotel was arranged at short notice to accomodate a business trip during a busy tennis week. The price charged was steep , but given the lack of other options was understandable. In the tiny bathroom by anyones standards, be prepared to sit on the toilet with your knees protruding into the shower cubicle. The hotel was noisy and the rooms small, whilst the bed was uncomfortable. There were friendly saff at the front desk, but that was the limit of the positives.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Have just returned from staying at this hotel.Very small room and bathroom-quiet as at rear of building.Reception staff were pleasant.I found a hair on my bathmat hanging on bath and another one on floor of bathroom.No shampoo was provided although it was nice to have robes and slippers.Breakfast was included with my Scoopon deal and this was very nice great selection of foods/juices and although it was a coffee machine coffee was excellent.I had 2 vouchers for drinks BUT the bar was CLOSED and did not want to use them to drink wine in the restaurant.It would have been nice to know in advance that the bar was closed in order to book and take advantage of drinks in a comfortable location.I was advised when I arrived early that I would be rung when my room was ready this did NOT happen so I turned up at 2:30pm.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Our stay at the Rendezvous was really enjoyable. We opted for the valet service which is highly recommended, particularly as your in a centrally located part of Melbourne and parking isn't easy to find. The rooms are good for the available space. If they were a little bit larger, I am sure they would be better. Aside from that, the service is polite. The bar is a bit dull, don't waste your time there as much nicer bars are close by. The hotel's features weren't compelling enough to keep you there but I've been to much worse places.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great central location but that's about it.
Nothing to write home about. Very small bathrooms, small rooms. Service is what you would expect, prompt and friendly. I'm not going to stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!