“Beautiful Hotel With So Much Class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

You added Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #63 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel With So Much Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My mother and myself wanted to stay in a nice motel with a little class and some room to move. What a perfect place to stay. So central,exactly opposite Flinders St. Our room was the bridal suite, not too expensive, huge ceilings with twin beds, a beautiful balcony and lounge room. Fresh air in the city,a rarity.The room was beautifully clean, and well stocked. The hotel itself is extremely grand. The service was impecible. The staff were so welcoming. We called for room service twice and got quick service. We had cooked breakfasts sent to our room. Couldnt hear anyone next door as the room was so huge. I would recommend this motel and this room to anyone who is coming to stay in Melbourne.We had such a lovely stay we are returning soon.

Room Tip: Room 230,bridal suite for a little bit extra
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We booked this hotel on a scoopon deal, booking was easy. Any communication I had with the hotel via e-mail was answered promptly.
Location was great - main plus for this hotel.
We checked in on a Friday evening when place was rather busy, and as we were booking in with friends asked if we could get rooms on same floor at least - this wasn't possible and ended up on top and bottom floor.
Staff were a mixed bag, some polite, others a little rude and obiously not coping with how busy they were.
We ended up on First floor and as soon as we stepped in our first thoughts were - small and noisy - I knew I wouldn't sleep well with the street noise,also scaffolding out the window was a put off. I asked for a room change which was done with no fuss and ended up on the 4th floor (was internal rather than street view) - and got a slightly bigger new room. Our friends got a room on the 9th floor and even though the view was nice, it was an older room with a old TV (we had a flat screen on the wall). Their bathroom was a shower in a bath, we had a more modern bathroom with a rain shower.
Breakfast was a good selection, and would recommend a visit to the bar on the 1st floor - friendly bar staff, knew history of hotel, and was the most engaging of all staff encountered.
Good if you want to be close to everything - but not a hotel to stay a while.

Room Tip: Ask politely if not happy with the room you get.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel is located very centrally in the CBD, and a great place if you intend on shooting from place to place and need a 'base camp.' The room was very very small, but we did not intend on spending much time there so it worked okay for the two of us. The room only had a shower, but a massive showerhead and {...] toiletries, which smelled great! As far as cleanliness, it was pretty good, although we did find a dirty glass stacked with the clean ones in our room upon check-in.

All in all, not a large enough space to spend your whole holiday or romantic getaway in, but a great location to come and go as a tourist.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I wasn't 100% sure if I had made the right choice when I booked it since the reviews were so different, however I decided to go for it since the photos of the rooms looked so nice on this site and booking.com.
unfortuneatly our room was nothing like traveller photos on Tripadvisor. The room was average and very small. Same with the bathroom. The room was also opposite the cleaners storage room and we could hear the door close and shut quite early. However the cleaners themselves were very quiet and also very polite the times I met them in the hallway. I just wonder why they would use that room when they clearly weren't booked out. The room was clean and I have no issues there. I did find some condoms (unused) behind the wine bottle which was more of a giggle.
The TV was an old box with bad reception. It wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't for the fact that even when we had the volume to the max we still couldn't hear the moive while eating a snack.
The bed was clean and of dbl size, a bit too small for two people. Not overly comfy but not uncomfortable either.
The shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water.
I think the biggest selling point is it's location. A few minutes walk from Flinders station and Southbank. However it is not a nice retreat for a couple or even for yourself as the room is average and there is nowhere to sit and relax except for the bed. If you are looking for a bed for the night then this would be OK.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NRW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

This Hotel offered very poor service. If something isn’t right, they blame the customer. When the internet is down, they blame the customer. Ask the concierge about a restaurant, he used Google to give a recommendation – could have done this myself. They hand out breakfast vouchers for those who have booked breakfast. In case you forget your voucher at your room, they send you back to your room before they allow you to “enjoy” breakfast. This humiliation was done to me twice! You enter the bar and want to order a drink? Nobody cares (same person on duty at evening as the one in the breakfast room at morning).
In the end, they even lost some of my luggage. I couldn’t do anything because I needed to go to the airport. They promised the Manager would contact me. He never did until I pushed them hard: They investigated the matter and apologized only after I gave them multiple phone calls and sent many emails. However, until today, the Hotel did not take any responsibility and the luggage never has shown up again. And so haven’t I at this Hotel…
Rooms are very small, window faced an concrete wall in a very close distance. Almast no daylight. Rather small bathroom, shower wasn't a proper instalation.

Room Tip: Am besten ganz weg bleiben! Just stay away!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

The location is very central to most attractions in Melbourne including Southbank. The rooms are newly refurbished and quite modern. The only problem is that they are very small for 2 people. The bathroom in particular is tiny and the floor around the toilet gets wet when you shower (no bath). The corridors are not well sound-proofed hence you can be awakened by people talking.
The building is very nice and the staff friendly and obliging but rooms are small and noisy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed just for a Saturday night and could not fault the room, service, or any other feature, A nice boutique hotel well located in the CBD. Will happily stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!