“Beautiful church but poor customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Visit St. Patrick's Cathedral like an insider
Special Offer
$137*
and up
Melbourne Super Saver: City Sightseeing Tour plus...
Ranked #20 of 489 things to do in Melbourne
Wagga Wagga, NSW
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful church but poor customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I dont live in melbourne anymore however I wanted to get married there. Ever since I was a little girl we always used to drive past St Patrick's & I would always say I would get married there one day. When the time finally came to organize my wedding I rang there right away.

I couldnt believe my disappointment when I could not get past the secretarty to get a booking. She couldnt possibly understand how I could plan a wedding in Melbourne when I didn't live there. I explained to her that people organize weddings from far away (i was only 4 hrs away & travel back regularly) all the time. She was so rude and unhelpful that she wouldnt give me the time of day. She told me because I am not part of that parish (I am catholic I just dont attend church at that particular church) that I would need to have a meeting with the priest. I told her I would be down for a week but she dismissed me by saying the priest would only see people on a tuesday evening (the one day of the week we werent going to be there). In the end she took down my details so she could ask the priest but I never heard back from her. In the end I booked at St James' Catholic church in Brighton & I am so glad I did. The staff there were so helpful & lovely right from the start. St Patricks is such a beautiful church however the secretary left me speechless.

Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“So good every locals visit multiple times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a local to Melbourne, from time to time we pop in to St Pats. It is such a beautiful church, with spectacular stained glass worked windows. It is a public place so fees are not payable, but we always drop a gold coin in a donation box - which I recommend. If you can possible attend a service where the organ is played I would recommend it. Also we have taken our two boys from the time they were little to adult hood, and despite teenage winging, they always said they liked it.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Another beautiful Building to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I live in this city Melbourne and everytime I go past this cathederal Im in Awe of the beautiful architecture and art work in this building. We our proud of our many cathederals and this is one to see amongst many others

Visited March 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
15 attraction reviews
“I don't k now why...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

but even I'm coming from Europe I found this Cathedral great. If you like churches it's a good one. If you want to pray quietly there is also possibilities.

Visited January 2013
Larkspur, California
19 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

People of any religious persuasion can appreciate the beauty and magnificence of the interior architecture of this cathedral. Gorgeous stained glass windows; many small chapels, beautiful organ and lovely tiled floors.

Visited November 2012