“Superb stay in luxurious Suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Retreat
Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Superb stay in luxurious Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been wanting to stay at Crown's premier hotel for some time and was able to experience a Premier Suite. Crown cannot be faulted for it's service, location, quality and attention to detail.
The room was nothing short of breathtaking with incredible views over the Yarra and the CBD. Nothing was spared in the bathroom with beautiful lighting, quality bath products and luxurious fittings. The bed was incredible - the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
It is perfectly located in the heart of Melbourne and Crown has so much to offer you barely need to leave it. It was difficult to even leave the suite with its daybeds offering the view of Melbourne and the window seats in the bedroom.
If you want to splash out and indulge in everything Crown has to offer then definitely book in a luxury stay at Crown Towers. It will not disappoint!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I treated my Mum to a night at The Crown for her Birthday. What a treat it was!

I have stayed in alot of hotels over the years and there really in none better than The Crown!
I booked a Premier Suit with Crystal Club access.
Upon arrival my Mum was wished a Happy Birthday and we were escorted to The Crystal Club to check in at 11.40am! My room request was a city view room and smoking room and none were avaliable, so we were offered an upgrade to a Villa at a very reasonable cost!

WOW..The Villas are amazing! Just superb.You also have private lift access and Butler service.
Check out is at 12pm in the Villa, lovely.
The staff are all friendly and helpful everywher you go.

The Crystal Club afternnon Tea and Pre diner drinks with canapes are fantastic! I think I had 5 Expresso Martini's. YUM! Our glasses were never empty for long. What a lovely Birthday My Mum had- one she will never forget!
Thank you Crown.

Room Tip: Book The Crystal Club!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Crown Towers for one night over the Melbourne Cup long weekend.

We found a good deal through the Entertainment Book for a Sunday night stay.

The room was very spacious, clean and our view of Flinders St Station and the Yarra River was amazing.

The bathroom was to die for. Very classy and spacious.

The king bed was comfortable and the linen was fresh and of great quality.

The gym and pool area was fantastic. The gym has state of the art equipment.

As much and I loved the stay and that I would love to stay there again, I don't think the usual $600 - $800 price tag is worth it for a Saturday night?

As for breakfast - we did't have breakfast at the hotel however there are plenty of cafes/restaurants to grab a bite and coffee at.

All in all, great hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed one night (without the children) and thoroughly enjoyed. The rooms are large and luxurious. Very clean. Very good quality linen. Turn down service a nice touch. We actually didn't leave the hotel precinct in 24 hours. Enjoyed a gold class movie, ate in a few of the fabulous restaurants...too many to choose from! The only slight disappointment was the pool and spa. My massage was average, apparently my husbands was good. But not up to standard I would expect. Spa was too cold and the steam room temporarily broke! Not ideal but certainly didn't impact negatively on my stay. The staff were all lovely and it was extremely busy, with one direction in town and spring carnival racing! We will definitely return, most likely with our kids as well. They would love it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Got a fabulous rate on Wotif, under $300. The room was fabulous with a very comfy bed. Bathroom magnificent. Entire facility world class and very convenient location. Parking very easy and cost on a par with nearby hotels. Suited our purposes perfectly

• Stayed October 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We arrived at the hotel & everything was as expected from a 5 star hotel. We had booked one of the Suites specifically so that we could have afternoon tea in the lounge & breakfast before leaving the next day. Upon entering the Crystal Lounge I was told my Suite did not permit me entry into the lounge. It was going to be an extra $180. This was the sole reason we went for the Suite when choosing our room so I asked if I could downgrade to a standard room so that we could then pay for the access to the lounge & was refused.
The website is extremely ambiguous & under 'Executive Suite' it states that the Executive Club Suite has access to the Lounge by nowhere does it differentiate that this is additional or even different from an Executive Suite booking.

I was tossing up between the Intercontinental Suite & the Hilton Suites as they included the lounge access & am now wishing I have chosen one of them.

Thought this was going to be a relaxing stay that has now turned into heated discussions with Management that didnt really care that we have spent what is considered a massive amount on a hotel room that doesn't even include breakfast now.

Honestly I would have thought a breakfast voucher would have been offered & to tell the truth it would've prevented this bad review.

• Stayed November 2013
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Shontelle83,

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay with us at Crown Towers.

While I was glad to see that everything was as you were expecting of a 5 star hotel, your experience relating to breakfast was disappointing to read. Following on from your comments, I have investigated further and see that you have booked through Expedia. The Expedia website lists each room category and states “Executive Suite – max. occupancy 2 adults – breakfast not included”, then below, “Executive Club Suite – Crystal Club Access – max. occupancy 2 adults – Includes Continental Breakfast”. This is the wording for each heading and you then click on “Show room information” for further details, so it does not appear there is an opportunity to make this inclusion any clearer. Your booking was for the first of these two options.

I can appreciate that it is frustrating to arrive thinking you had booked with breakfast included only to find this was not the case and again, am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused you.

Should you decide to return to Crown Towers, I encourage you to book directly with our reservations team who can verbally clarify all inclusions and then send you written confirmation of what you can expect.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We used the Crown Towers as our home base for a few days while exploring Melbourne in 2012. It is a beautiful, large hotel with many amenities, casino, restaurants etc., so it feels more impersonal than many of the hotels we choose to stay at, but we enjoyed our experience, nonetheless. Though we chose to explore Melbourne for lunches and dinners, we enjoyed breakfast at Crown. We highly recommend the Crown Towers to anyone visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!