“Nice hotel, but no real wow factor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Family Getaway
Ranked #2 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney
“Nice hotel, but no real wow factor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel. But it really does not have any wow factor. Room is nice and big and swimming pool is very nice. Breakfast is so so, not many choices. For 40 dollar breakfast, they can definitely do better. Service is ok, by 8:30am, I still have not got my daily newspaper...will I come again, maybe not....

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend in 2009.
I can't fault the place everything was perfect.
I loved the rain shower. Room service at midnight was super fast with food in my belly less than 20mins after calling order through.
Casino was fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the friendly and attentive staff at check in, to the exquisite rooms where nothing has been forgotten, we couldnt fault our entire stay here. From doormen who see you coming a mile away and rush to get the door for you, to them offering to transfer our luggage between their different complexes with no hassle - this is my number 1 hotel in Australia, and I wish I lived in Melbourne so I could travel here more often. It shines over its fellow complexes - metropol and promenade. Pay the extra and stay at Towers

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view - the nightly fire show is breathtaking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my friends during June, loved it! We were on level 14, it was quiet, good service and very nice! (especially the bathroom hehe). Even if it wasn't complimentary, I'll definitely pay and stay there again! It's THAT worth it =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Towers for three nights in August for my husbands birthday and it was pure luxury. Upon arrival we were asked if we would like to upgrade to an executive suite for an extra $100 per night and we decided to upgrade. The room had a separate lounge room with beautiful views of Southbank and the river, a stunning bathroom with a television over the bath. We had complimentary newspapers delivered to our room each day and also chocolates and ice each afternoon. The bathrobes were the cosiest I've ever worn so much that I wanted to take it home with me. We dined in a few places within th Casino but found we received better service and food at the various restaurants along Southbank. If you are planning on staying at the Towers make sure to take your bathers, the pool is amazing and warm. We enjoyed our stay so much we booked another stay in September.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is probably the blingiest jazzyest most over the top place I`ve ever stayed in. Part of the Packer empire I gather and boy, he didn`t spare the horses on this one. But the good news is that it works, not just well, but really well. The rooms are large, well appointed and laid out and eveything is maintained to a very high standard. The bathroom and shower work very well and the bathrobes are suitably luxurious. I normally never notice the quality of the bedding but this was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The hotel is actually part of a massive conference facility and shopping mall with many of the high end labels represented and among them are a number of restaurants and bars catering for every taste and budget. The hotel is situated overlooking the river and has a great view of the CBD just to add the icing on the cake. All in all it was a hugely enjoyable stay and I know I can recommend it because it`s the sort of place you know will mainain its standards.

Room Tip: Don`t worry. There are no bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've spent a lot of time at this hotel, my criticisms are nit picky at best:

*When I arrived via cab I was no assisted with my bags, the porters attended to a more mature looking couple but this could have been an oversight
*SBS1 was streaming on both the SBS1 and SBS2 channel
*Gym is only open until 10pm - a keyswipe system after-hours rather than staff could be implemented easily.

Otherwise it's a great hotel. It's always very busy and at a high capacity, yet their service levels don't suffer. The staff are all very friendly, personal and engaging.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!