“Love coming back to the Crown Towers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Getaway
Ranked #2 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
UK
“Love coming back to the Crown Towers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It was my 6th annual visit to the Crown Towers in Melbourne and what was lovely was the warm greeting we had from the doormen who recognised me. Although i arrived early and my room was not ready, I decided to take a walk on the promenade and found one of many cafes to enjoy a coffee and a snack, which was welcome after a long flight. The hotel took the trouble to call my mobile when the room was ready. The room was such a welcome place to come back to. The chill-out (slightly hypnotic) music coming from the TV's welcome page, the comfy bed, the space in the bathroom, the walk-in wardrobe and the river view, and the yummy club sandwiches at room service, I really missed! The gym and leisure facilities are great, and the restaurants are superb. The service is excellent....well done for keeping up the standards....and love the re-vamped breakfast room over-looking the river. Can't wait for next year's business trip again....

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stay at Crown Towers once a year, the room was a Premier Suite which was a great room, the layout is great with a separate bedroom and lounge area and the size is excellent. Probably one of the best we have stayed at in Melbourne. When we arrived to book in were told the hotel was full so we had to wait around 45 minutes for our room. We did receive a couple of complimentary drinks - the house white wine is terrible, as we did not have to pay for it was not so bad, did not finish it, it we had to pay would not have been happy. With the hotel being full looks as though the maids were under the pump as the room was not as clean as would have expected, but not as bad as others we have experienced. We had a package deal which was supposed to include a bottle of sparkling - this never arrived. This has happened in the past, not real concerned as we would not have drunk it while we were there but if something is included it should be delivered. Breakfast was OK at the conservatory nothing spectacular - prefer the breakfasts at the Langham.

Room Tip: The premier suites are great rooms, they are at the end therefore little noise and a great view over...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear 121magic,

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

While I am not sure what time you arrived to the hotel, check in is 2pm and we’ll always endeavour to have guests check in earlier than this, should rooms be available. Typically, we see delays on the weekends when the majority of our guests are here for leisure and will check out as late as possible with many arriving guests also looking to come in as early as possible. I am glad we were able to offer you a drink although sorry that it was not to your liking. We are also happy to store luggage for early arriving guests and can provide you access to the pool/gym/spa should you wish to change.

It was disappointing to read that you did not receive the bottle of sparkling you were expecting and also your experience of the room cleanliness. Your comments have been shared with the relevant managers for their review.
Overall, I appreciate that you consider the Premier Suite to be one of the best in Melbourne and do hope we have the chance to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

stayed here for my birthday in King Deluxe room. Rooms were magnificent and tv in bathroom was a nice luxury. Day bed and comfy beds meant plenty of lying down time!
Unfortunately we didn't have a river view room which was disappointing, but had plenty of other things to do around the crown complex. Staff were very friendly and we able to check in early after flying in that morning.

Room Tip: must have a river view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

absolutely beautiful hotel, massive without being gawdy with unlimited crystals everywhere! Check in was pleasant, We felt like kids in a candy store looking around at beautiful decor. The room are very modern and comfortable, loved the tv in the bathroom! lots of room to unwind and not bump into each other. The view from the rooms are exceptional, The robes were exceptionally soft. The spa options would cure all that ails you. All of this of course comes with a hefty price a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice is 12.00, but you absolutely get what you pay for. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Loved the Hotel every time we stay there every Australian Open Season. Everyone is happy! Enjoy the luxurious rooms and sitting in the Lobby just watching the day go by! We will definitely be back there next summer Tennis season.

Room Tip: The twin rooms with the double beds are great for families.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I decided on my Birthday I would treat myself to a evening at Crown for dinner, I then on the day decided that it would be good to splash out a little and stay at Crown Towers. I was lucky enough to get a valet, room & breakfast deal, which I beleive was a very good price, especially on a Public Holiday. My booking online was done, as I could not book through reservations as they were not open due to it been public holiday. I requested a smoking room, I even called the Hotel and asked about the smoking rooms, just to be sure. We arrived around 4pm, This was probably the best part of the evening, the doorman could not have been nicer and most genuine. We checked in, I asked agin about the smoking room and then we went up to our room - it was not a smoking room. 45 minutes later we were moved to another room, way better view, but the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in my life, just not my expectation in a 5 star hotel. It was the fact I had to be moved, it is the fact I asked and was given the wrong room and ignored nor advised by the staff at reception, when we checked out, same thing, asked the same question twice on two different occasions, meaning - rehearsed lines, your a number to me, I do not care you are a person. Sorry to say but Hilton South Wharf service and staff are alot more attentive to you as a person, and know how to treat their clientele. I am not saying it was a horrible experience, but I just don't have anything the praise about the whole experience either. I did a survey and requested the Manager contact me - to date nothing. Looks like next time I want to shout myself a evening in the city - Hilton is the way to go, never been disappointed and I am convinced by their service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Janeymoo,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

It was a pleasure to read of your arrival experience and I will ensure your comments are shared with the doormen.

Although I am not sure what time you called, our room reservations are open from 8am to 10pm on a public holiday.

I was glad you were able to secure a same day booking and as you mention, you had requested a smoking room on short notice. While we will always endeavour to honour any guest request, it would seem that your preference was not available when you initially checked in and I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Your comments about the bedding come as a surprise as these are amongst our best sellers on the Crown Gifts website.

Overall, it seems that we were not able to meet your expectations on service and also follow up, although as mentioned in a recent Trip Advisor response, we attempt to contact all guests requesting feedback within 24 hours. That said, we’d welcome the chance to discuss your feedback with you should you wish to call us on 9292 6384.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed twice at Crown Towers, first the night we were engaged and secondly on our wedding night. Both stays were beautiful and definitely luxurious.
Our wedding night we were lucky enough to be upgraded and our suite has exceptional floor to ceiling windows giving me exceptional views of Melbourne lit up as I fed our newborn at 4am.
The check in and check out procedure is quick and painless, the rooms spotless, facilities second to none and we look forward to staying for special occasions in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!