“Nice hotel and location but don't expect to get a cab!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Pennington, New Jersey
“Nice hotel and location but don't expect to get a cab!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Towers as part of a package deal we booked for The Australian Grand Prix. The hotel is decorated beautifully, the lobby is very large and busy. The whole location is very convenient as there are plenty of restaurants, shops and the casino all right there. We had no problems at check in and went to our room right away. We stayed in 512, a Studio Room which was really nice and spacious. All the amenities were up to date and modern. The bed was comfortable, the shower was also very nice, good water pressure. Turn down service is offered which is nice. We ate breakfast at The Conservatory buffet, it was expensive but very good. Probably one of the best buffets we went to on our month long trip!

We did experience one major issue with this hotel. It is impossible to get a cab. It could have been bad at the time due to the Grand Prix but the wait time was unreal and totally not what you expect from a 5 star hotel. We missed our train because we could not get a cab ride and had to drag our luggage to the station and didn't make it. The hotel told us we should have better prepared ourselves for our trip. The train station is less than a 5 min ride and we allowed ourselves an hour and half. We waited for a cab for over 30 min and decided the only thing we could do is make a run for it. I don't know if the city of Melbourne has issues with their cab services but I've never had these problems in other cities. We also had 2 cab drivers refuse to take us to our destination!

Overall our stay was pretty pleasant but I would either have your own transportation or use the metro!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Whole experience excellent. Plenty of restaurants in precinct -10 to 15 minute walk cbd. Gym facilities and pool all great. Service from all staff consistent and brilliant- which makes a difference for australia. Silks restaurant amazing

• Stayed May 2013
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our 2nd stay at the wonderful Crown Towers. Fabulous Studio room, spacious, comfortable and it was luxury. The staff from the reservations to the housekeeping were fantastic, extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was divine as was so comfortable and spacious. Love it.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a little space in your room then book the studio room, it was lovely.Great vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Crown Towers Hotel during a business trip to Melbourne. From the moment I walked in until I departed, the experience was outstanding. This is not a description I give hotels normally as I am a bit of a critic. The service, the room, the amenities, staff, etc. was top notch. I had club level access and the service and food was outstanding. For those that enjoy working out, the gym and the pool area are incredible. The pool alone looks like a resort area. There is just about every type of workout equipment you could desire. The hotel is part of a Crown entertainment complex which includes shopping and a casino. Absolutely well worth the stay. When I bring my family to Australia, I will be returning to the Crown.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The class of the Crown is 5 out of 5 for Melbourne. Our bathroom was luxurious and the bathrobes were Devine, the view is amazing. Forget staying at any other hotel as everything is at your door step. This hotel is world class experience !

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I loved my 3 night stay here. Service was great. Room on the 12th floor was spectacular, big room with great views. Bathroom was sensational with separate toilet & shower separated with frosted glass doors, double shower heads. Big bath with TV in the wall at the end of the bath. Double sinks in the vanity with plenty of great bathroom accessories (razor & shave cream, toothbrush & paste, hair comb, sewing kit, nail file, etc etc). The bed was huge and comfy, pillows not my fav as I don't like feather pillows. Room service was great. The indoor heated pool is awesome too. Didn't get to have the buffet breakfast in the Conservatory but will definitely go there on our next stay as it is such a luxuriously decorated restaurant. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room is clean,comfy,spacious and luxurious! I will definitely go back. We stayed here for my fiancee's proposal night.I didn't thought that he would surprise me,he heard me one time saying that I will check in in this hotel one day.and he did it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!