“Loved staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
“Loved staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I loved my 3 night stay here. Service was great. Room on the 12th floor was spectacular, big room with great views. Bathroom was sensational with separate toilet & shower separated with frosted glass doors, double shower heads. Big bath with TV in the wall at the end of the bath. Double sinks in the vanity with plenty of great bathroom accessories (razor & shave cream, toothbrush & paste, hair comb, sewing kit, nail file, etc etc). The bed was huge and comfy, pillows not my fav as I don't like feather pillows. Room service was great. The indoor heated pool is awesome too. Didn't get to have the buffet breakfast in the Conservatory but will definitely go there on our next stay as it is such a luxuriously decorated restaurant. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room is clean,comfy,spacious and luxurious! I will definitely go back. We stayed here for my fiancee's proposal night.I didn't thought that he would surprise me,he heard me one time saying that I will check in in this hotel one day.and he did it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We recently stayed at Crown Towers as a child free treat and upgraded our reservation to include the Crystal Club which was well and truly worth it.

Really enjoyed the room especially the bathroom, love a bubble bath while watching the footy!

If you get the opportunity to access the Crystal Club, do it! Although I found the afternoon tea a little underwhelming the canapés/cocktails and breakfast made it well and truly worthwhile for us, loved the Espresso Martinis!

The customer service was perfect and they even organised our bags to be sent to Metropol where we were staying next.

We generally stay at the Metropol but will certainly stay here again when child free, the perfect indulgence.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love everything about this place. The smiles, the friendliness, the absolute luxury...even the way it smells in the foyer - gorgeous! I was here for two nights and wish it could be two weeks. From Jess at reception to Nick at the bell desk, a very helpful concierge (so sorry that I cannot remember his name) who pointed me directly at a street in the city with fabulous cafes, to the great people at the pool and spa....five star quality service at a five star hotel - and delightful, comfortable, luxurious, clean accommodation along with it. What a bed and pillows. Spa and pool best I've seen anywhere, truly world class. Crown, you are my "must stay" place in Melbourne. Nowhere else will do. Thank you!

Room Tip: I was in an "ordinary" room on the 16th floor and it was fabulous. No noise, no light and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We recently returned from a couples only-no kids- trip to Melbourne. We booked 2 King rooms through and Entertainment Book special and got a fantastic deal for paying 60 days in advance. We were 2 couples travelling together and I asked prior to our stay if we could be on the same floor and to our delight they put us next door to each other, rooms 1401 and 1402. From the moment you step into the Crown you know its going to be the most fabulous place to stay, upon entering our rooms we weren't disappointed ( my husband and myself have stayed here before so we knew exactly how good the room was going to be) from the palatial bathroom with double vanity, huge shower with a shower head in the ceiling like a waterfall and the stunning deep bath with a tv at the end, head through a bit further to come across a massive walk in wardrobe and then beyond that is a stunning bedroom with the comfiest bed ever and views to die for! We had a room that allowed us to see the last flame that lights up along the Yarra. The second day was raining and the Bell desk were only too happy to loan us huge umbrellas so we didn't get drenched on the way to our DFO shopping splurge. After returning from shopping all 4 of us headed down to the pool, all I can say is WOW, I refrained from showing my kids a pic of the pool when we got home as they would of been extremely jealous, it's like you are another world away surrounded by all this luxury. Unfortunately the only downside of staying at the Crown is that it has set our expectations so high that we will never be able to stay anywhere else in Melbourne haha. Upon check in we paid a bond of $100 a night per room, when returning home I noticed we had been charged for parking so instead of getting $400 back we were getting $355, I just emailed and explained we didn't have a car with us therefore we have been charged by mistake and a lovely girl by Melanie emailed me and today less than a week after initially checking in the bond has been returned in full. I love the men in the red coats as you arrive who get the door and whistle over cabs. All in all if you are looking for the ultimate in luxury while on a getaway, stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed with my wife for our anniversary for 3 nights and I was a member of the Crystal Club. It is a bit more expensive than the ordinary suits but I can tell you that it was worth it. The staff are friendly and professional.

I totally recommend it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are beautifully designed, have fabulous views and the pool and gym are world class. Breakfast in the Conservatory amazing. All you would expect in a 5 star hotel. Luxury and service at it's best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!