“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel reams of class and quality - excellent room size, bathroom was impressive. Very modern and a good alternative to the Langham which I frequent regularly. Crown Towers better than metropole. South Bank I think has peaked a little, time will tell.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1,053 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay at the Executive Suite for a night on the 4th April. My first impression of the room is that the size is pretty small with the amount of money paid. Since my birthday is coming up and I am a Crown Signature Club member, I am eligible for a wine or chocolate which I have hinted the staff during check in, then I told the bell boy before leaving and he uses my room's phone to request for one. After an hour, I still didn't get anything and I ring up but they told me that there is no record of it. So they told me they will send one up soon. While setting up my laptop, I discover that their TV is not working as they should and I get them to come and have a look, but they couldn't figure it out and have to get their technician, but over an hour still no sign of anyone coming to fix the issue.
I then went to the gym and swimming pool for about an hour, back to my room and just got into my bath I get a call for a change of room. I was told that I have to move from 9th floor to 5th floor, which I have absolutely no view of anything but the ground and roof, with a slightly smaller size of Executive Suite. By then it is around 5pm and we have already been hanging around for half a day just to deal with that. I went to the reception to see if they are able to let me to have a late check out and she wasn't being friendly and ask me to pay if I wanted a late check out. I then ring up to the manager, which then I only found out the guy who ring me for a room change is the manager and he told me that he wasn't aware of the issue until he tries to get hold of me.

I appreciate the help of the bell boy who has a vietnamese background and he is very friendly, helping me to bring my luggage up to my room, during room change he helped out and when we check out he also came and bring all of our luggage.

Overall, I think a couple of their staff are irresponsible, even the manager on duty do not aware of the issue after I have been waiting for that call for 5 hours, so I would say that I will not go back to Crown Towers. I have been to Crown Metropol for an inspection of their room, although they did not have a room to show me, they are still trying to use images to explain to me, and wishes me an early birthday, which I did not even get when I mention it to the Crown Towers staffs. If I am going to stay with Crown, I would rather spend my money with Crown Metropol which I can get a better service quality.

Room Tip: Try to have a higher floor room so that you can have a good view; and get the Yarra River view as th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Damien,
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was disappointed to read of your experience and in particular, the missed opportunities we had to acknowledge your birthday celebration. Also for the television/laptop compatibility problem and poor communication within the team that resulted in an excessive delay in resolving your room issues.

As a valued Signature Club member, I encourage you to book through the Signature Club as you are entitled to a reduced rate and the inclusions you had mentioned are then automatically included. Booking through the website and selecting the rate you did does not come with the champagne and chocolates you mentioned. That said, I am sorry again that we were not able to work this out upon arrival for you.

As outlined on our website, the Executive Club Suite is 72sqm in size. Should you be considering a larger room in the future, I’d encourage you to consider our Premier Suites at 99sqm, our Tower Suites at 174sqm or one of the many Villa options we have available, which extend right up to the Chairman’s 990sqm Villa, the largest hotel room in the Southern Hemisphere.

I see from our records that ultimately you did take advantage of a late check out and am glad this was resolved for you.

Again, please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced on your recent stay. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in Crown Towers.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked a King deluxe and were not disappointed. Huge bed, amazing views, a luxurious bathroom with TV over bath, and all in all we couldn't fault it for comfort or excellence. WOuld highly recommend them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Well done to the staff at this lovely hotel. We enjoyed our stay and will be back again. The location and atmosphere make it a fantastic option for a visit to Melbourne. Extremely comfortable bed, with pillow options and huge bathroom. You won't regret a stay with Crown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I bought my Mum here for a mother-daughter weekend after booking a great deal on Wotif a few months earlier.

Pros:
Twin rooms have 2 large queen beds that are very comfortable
Big rooms, walk in change room and wardrobe, TV in the bathroom
Robes
Toiletries
The pool area

Cons:
Customer service wasn't amazing. Upon check in we were left to our own devices to take our luggage up, find the lifts etc. Not great for a 5 star hotel when you can see staff standing around.
Parking was expensive so we parked at the casino multi storey which was quite a walk away
Limited TV channels

Overall for the price it was great, would recommend for a couple with some money to spend for an anniversary or wedding night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Andie,
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was flattered to read that you chose Crown Towers for a special mother-daughter weekend away and enjoyed the room, the bathroom and the pool.

Your comments about the limited assistance on arrival have been shared with the team and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I regret this disappointment for you as we certainly pride ourselves upon our service.

Our valet parking is priced in line with our competitors however we are fortunate to have several self-parking options also, should a guest choose to park their own car.

Comments about the range of TV channels are rare as we have over sixty, plus pay per view movies, etc. That said, I have shared your observation with our team.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We won a night at Crown in a Premier Suite, and added a night ourselves to make the most of the stay. The room was beautiful, happy with the bed, bedding and bathroom. Love the comfortable bath with the tv. Breakfast in the Conservatory was lovely, great surrounds, great view and endless brekky options. Only issue for hotel of this calibre was the spa being part of the main pool, which another reviewer has commented on. Crown management responded that there are separate areas which have their own spas, but these incur an extra cost as it sounds like they are part of the Aqua Retreat part of the Crown Spa. Poor form!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments after your stay at Crown Towers.

It was nice to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast at Conservatory.

We do have the spa and steam facilities on the main pool deck and these are included for all guests of the hotel. In addition, the extensive treatment rooms and Aqua Retreat facilities that include communal spas in both the male and female areas, along with steam rooms and private spas in many of the treatment rooms, are included for guests of Crown Spa, be they hotel guests or not. My apologies if the previous comment caused confusion.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is my first time to stay in Crown, I have to say, this is my best experience ever in any hotel. From the service to the comfort, everything is excellent. Whenever I go to Melbourne, I will never stay at other hotel again other than this hotel.
All entertainment is under the roof and everything is so near.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!