“Lived up to its fantastic rep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Retreat
Ranked #3 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Lived up to its fantastic rep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Crown towers is simply stunning! After visiting its neighbouring property, the crown metropol, my partner and I loved the towers even more. Housekeeping does an award winning job. The rooms are beautifully appointed with some wonderful views of the city. The bed is extremely comfortable and the sheets very soft. The facilities are fantastic and include a 5* pool, tennis court and gym. You just can’t go wrong staying at the towers! Melbourne is on your door step and everything is within walking distance.

Only down side would be our check in experience with an Indian staff member who nodded but didn’t really listen to our requests. I would have expected a greater attention to detail and customer service quality at crown, especially considering we upgraded our room type because a non smoking room was un available when we arrived at 4pm.

Surprisingly, the most friendly and genuinely warm staff were in fact the cleaners. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Greek first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The views of the city are stunning, and the rooms are gorgeous. Agree with noddy that it is a well worth it total indulgence. We are American, and our Australian friends had warned us that service in Australia is not nearly as good as in America. While we noticed that other places in Melbourne, the Crown Towers went above and beyond, and they really took care of everyone. It is right on top of the Melbourne riverside "fire" show, so on the hours at night, don't get scared by the giant fire breathing towers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bacchus Marsh Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Every year we are the given a Crown Package by some wonderful people we know.
Package includes Valet Parking, Bottle of Sparkling Wine, Accommodation and Breakfast in the Conservatory.
This hotel is perfectly located and everything one can want is that their finger tips.
Rooms are furnished right up to the minute with state of the art appliances including big TV.
Though with so much going on around you not much time for TV.

Conservatory has been done up to allow more light in and has a very relaxed feel.
The full breakfast was excellent. Parking both dropping off and collecting was seamless.
High recommend this fine establishment.
As I said it is a total indulgence.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ulverstone, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at Crown Towers previously for both work and leisure.
When deciding where to stay in Melbourne for our wedding anniversary we knew Crown Towers was it.
Stayed in an Executive Suite for 5 nights.
We could not complain about anything.
We used the spa, the pool and several of the restaurants.
Great hotel, great facilities, great location.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at crown towers for a convention (hardware) for 3 nights am an sceptic when it comes to casino hotels but for me this was a revelation and especially for Australia it was clean rooms are stunning service brilliant I hope they get the new casino in Sydney would make a huge leap in class

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had previously had a great stay here with my husband. This time I took my 16 year old daughter for a one night birthday stay on a week night in early January.
We arrived at 1.30pm, our room( deluxe twin), was not yet ready. They offered to text us when it was ready, or said we could return at 2pm. I told the girl at check in that the twin beds were not essential and we would take a king room if available, but she assured me the room would be ready soon.
We returned just before 3pm, very polite gentleman apologised, room still not ready. He offered a late check out the next day, but we had a morning appointment and couldn't make use of this. After more discussion he found us a king room that was available.
The rooms here are lovely, beautiful bathroom, very comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. It was one of Melbourne's very hot days and the air conditioning was very effective. We discovered that the amenities box in the bathroom was virtually empty, it contained only one item, but a call to housekeeping fixed this. I used the gym and it was excellent, very well equipped.
During the evening we watched a movie and ordered room service. The food took around half an hour and my daughter's beef burger was fine. However my chicken burger was not cooked, the thicker parts of the chicken fillet were raw in parts. I was very disappointed, at close to $30 I had expected good food, and I felt that was completely unacceptable. I have no doubt that it would have been replaced if I had requested, but it was late, we were tired and we didn't want to wait any longer.
Overall I was not impressed. My daughter enjoyed herself, which was the purpose of the trip, but I did not consider this stay nearly as impressive as my previous one. Yes, the rooms are lovely, but the service was not great. A few days later my husband and I spent a night at the Sofitel, and all aspects were faultless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you want a little luxury, this is the place. If you want a total destination package of food, spa, shopping (pretty high end) and a little casino playing this is the place. It is easy to enjoy a few days here and all I can say is "go for it!". If you cannot find something in the complex to keep you happy it is so close to Melbourne city centre you cannot go too far wrong. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Suites are a great treat but the rooms are pretty good as well.