“Still the best in Melbourne!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Crown Towers to your Saves list
Crown Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Still the best in Melbourne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Not only the best hotel in Melbourne but possibly the best in Australia. The rooms are elegant and beautiful, the bathrooms are huge, the views of Melbourne are breathtaking and the facilities of Crown Casino and Crown Towers are like no other.

• Stayed November 2012

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have stayed a few times at the Crown Towers and have always been really impressed . This time my wife and I booked a suite and were not dissapointed . The rooms are large and Luxurious and have fantastic veiws over the city of Melbourne. The pool area is second to none and the Spa though very expensive is great . What you cant beat though is the location. Some of the best restrauants right on your door step and everything is so easy to get to and once you have spent the day in Melbourne you feel like you are returning to your own little luxury oasis . I love this place .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The whole experience from check-in, staff, room, room service, amenities, restaurants, day spa to check out and valet parking is exceptional.. I would highly recommend and go back for another stay any day.. The casino has so much else to offer that you need more than one night.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here with my partner at the time for 3 nights (over the weekend).

The staff at the front desk did take a while to get us checked in, considering there was a line and waited around 10-15 minutes until it was my turn (didn't bug me though). Valet parking also took a while. Had my car parked for a while until someone approached us. They had also said WiFi was available, but for the life of me, I could never figure it out!

Once at our room, we were greeted with an amazing window view of Yarra River. The room was very clean and presentable. The bathroom was spacious and pristine clean. The wardrobe was a small walk in wardrobe providing us with a safe to lock our valuables. The bed was nice and clean and was very comfortable to sleep on.

The location was ideal for tourist. It provided great food just walking distance away. Cafes, restaurants downstairs and more along Southbank. You also had the option of riding the restaurant river boat. You'll also find shopping downstairs, a gaming complex (Galactic Circus) and also a movie theatre.

If you're travelling with the family and children, just over the bridge is the Melbourne Aquarium, which I saw a lot of children enjoy. (And some grown ups). There's also the option of walking along Southbank and seeing Federation Square, Flinders Street, Swanston Street. There's many things to do! For tourists, you can walk around or take a train ride from Flinders Street Station.

I absolutely loved the view at night. The night life was great. There's still many people around during the weekends (a majority of them clubbers), but the rest of the time it was great. The night view from my hotel window was captivating. And watching the fire display every hour during the night was great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night, for the first night my boyfriend arrived from overseas. We stayed in a superior king room and it was excellent. The room was large, bathroom was outstanding and the bed very comfortable. We had views over the west side of Melbourne and out to port Melbourne and it was amazing.
Room service was very expensive and so was breakfast menu so we ate at the many eateries on southbank. But this was no bother to us.
Nice for a luxury night away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

From check in to check out this was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We utilised Crystal club and enjoyed the quality amenities this provides.
The afternoon drinks were exceptional - Veuve Champagne was standard and the canapes etc were as good. Breakfast was served until Midday.
Our room was a 'corner' room facing east looking down the river exposing tremendous views. The late checkout we had allowed us a very relaxing morning.
The staff service and attitude was of the highest standard. Could not recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Request East or North east facing room
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm staying her tonight and its 1.50am I can still hear the music beating away from the crystal club! I called the service desk and the guy couldn't believe me when I said I can hear it from my room as I'm located on level 27!!! Boom boom boom

Driving me crazy! Could have stayed at the Westin for a lot cheaper and no noise!!

• Stayed November 2012
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
I was concerned to read of your experience here at Crown Towers, specifically relating to the noise after hours.

While there is a range of entertainment venues in the area, our Crystal Club actually closes after pre dinner drinks and does not have the facilities to play loud music so I suspect this may have been another venue that you heard. I appreciate this must have been very frustrating for you and understand that the duty manager relocated your room for you, which I trust solved the problem on the night.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers

Been to Crown Towers? Share your experiences!