I stayed here on Thursday the 28th of March, aftertaking advantage of their Easter Special deal, which was for a Superior Deluxe room with included buffet breakfast, two free drinks in their Amberoom bar and Easter eggs on arrival (yum!).
The foyer is lovely, and the check-in was painless. As for the rest:
- Very clean
- Large bathroom
- Queen (not king, as some have reported having in their rooms) bed was nice and comfortable
- 42 inch TV, mounted on the wall in front of the bed for easy and comfortable viewing
- Buffet breakfast was GREAT!, goes until 10:30am (check out at 11am)
- Walkable distance to Chapel Street or the CBD (about 2km in each direction), but if you feel that's too far, trams galore right at the doorstep, and short distance for cheap taxi rides
Well, there were no "cons" during our stay! These are more just observations:
- I don't think the room was anything special to make it worth the cost it would have been, if we hadn't have come at a discounted rate. Don't get me wrong! It was lovely, clean, and spacious. However, there was nothing to make it 5-star worthy, as it felt the same as any good 3-or-4 star room I've stayed in. Perhaps the bigger rooms and suites have more to offer.
- The bathroom has a thin, frosted glass door with a peephole where a handle would usually be. It offers sufficient privacy (unless you bend down and look through the hole!), but doesn't exactly block noise or smell, if you catch my drift.
- Noisy people in the hallway will be very audible from your room. I didn't hear anything from the rooms we shared walls with, however.
All in all, it was lovely, comfortable, and well located.
For interstate or international travellers:
Please be aware that Melbourne has a rather unfriendly public transport system for tourists. There is no way to catch a tram without first purchasing a Myki card (you cannot buy them on board), which you then add funds on to. There are no short term or one way tickets available to you. As I mentioned, the hotel is a walkable distance from the CBD (without luggage or ailments), and taxi rides are cheap as you are so close - but if you plan to catch a tram to or from this destination, make sure you get a Myki before you travel.
- Also Known As:
- Royce Hotel Melbourne
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Olotels, Prestigia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Royce Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.