“exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royce Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royce Hotel to your Saves list
Royce Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   379 St. Kida Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (South Yarra)   |
Ranked #42 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and myself stayed there on the 21/9/2012,we found the whole experience to be very good indeed,the room was very nice,clean well appointed and the staff were most helpful and pleasant. l used my classic car to get there and l must say the staff really went out of their way to make sure my car was looked after ,they actually were interested enough to ensure no damage would happen to it . We walked into the city from the hotel which was nice,it gave us a chance to really see all the beautiful buildings and sights along St Kilda rd and it didnt take that long .We had a balcony room overlooking the school which meant a good peaceful nights sleep. Our only comment is that only after we had finished breakfast did my wife find out we could have eggs done however you like .there was no signs to inform us ,all you have to do is ask .Anyway ,we were very happy and would stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I did not have a choice of hotel last time I was in Melbourne for business. My conference was sponsored by an organization and they provided and paid for the accomodation. I was told I was staying at the Royce and I had no expectations of its standards.

I was pleasantly surprised! The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The rooms were stylish and well appointed. I liked the way the room was set out with a separate washroom and shower room. The bed was extremely comfortable. I liked that every guest received a complimentary drink voucher to the bar! What a great idea.

The conference dinner was at the hotel restaurant. The food was very good. I ordered the eye fillet steak and it was perfectly cooked. The only problem with the meal was that a steak knife was not provided and eating the steak was difficult.

Breakfast was an ordinary buffet and in hind sight I was better off finding a nicer cafe in the city.

The location was good as I was walking distance to my conference location.

I would not normally pick this hotel but after staying there I will return next time I am in Melbourne.

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here twice. Whilst the rooms are lovely the first time I stayed in a standatd room window facing St Kilda Road I couldn't sleep due to the noise of trams going past. I assume they don't have double glazed windows. Slept much better on my second visit husband booked a suite for my birthday. It was beautiful, very spacious. The bar has a great feel to it. We also had breakfast in the restaurant. Whilst the food was good, service was a little slow

• Stayed October 2011
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights @ Royce Hotel & loved it! As a 5 star boutique should be! Premium beautiful rooms..Premium understated service...Premium F&B operations ie The Dish & The AmberRoom enjoy great patronage from Hotel Guests & Locals alike!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at the Royce over the weekend with my boyfriend after purchasing a deal on wotif. Check in wasn't until two which didn't bother us as we both are Saturday workers. When arriving at the hotel all valet parking was taken as there was a wedding on in the ballroom. Staff were helpful in assisting on where to park to not to get a find and we managed to get a park right out the front on st kinda road which was free on the weekends. So we saved on parking :) staff were friendly and helpful and did mention that there was a wedding on and that they were quite busy. We were still able to get a booking at dish which was excellent and enjoyed our welcome drinks in the amber room. Thought at the time we had been upgraded and confirmed when we got home that we had :) room was specious and very clean and couldn't even that they had a wedding on at all other than a very faint muffle of music which ended quiet early! In all extremely happy thankyou for making our weekend amazing!

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I read a review before we stayed here about poor manners at reception. That person must have been sacked as all front line staff were helpful and polite. I liked this hotel as it's just a bit different, it has some history and is well kept. Formerly the Rolls Royce showroom is has some unique design features. We stayed over Easter and were treated to free goodies on more than one morning. Breakfasts were just awesome.

Room Tip: We had quiet room away from St Kilda Road
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Recently stayed at the Royce with my partner and have no hesitation in recommending it. The hotel lobby emanated with intimacy and class. The reception staff were friendly. We stayed in an executive room on the sixth floor of the hotel with a balcony with views onto St. Kilda Road and the city. After reading other reviews, i was surprised how quiet the hotel and its rooms were. The room was exceptionally clean and well furbished. The LCD TV over the spa bath added a very nice touch!

Although it was a short way out of the city, it was not too much of an inconvenience. The trams were right out the front door and it was just a $10 taxi or a lovely 15 minute stroll through the botanical gardens past the shrine of remembrance to Bourke St. mall.
Full buffet breakfast at Dish restaurant was included in our stay and was delicious!
Received complimentary welcome drinks upon arrival at the Amber Room bar which was a nice touch.

Overall, a fantastic weekend and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Executive rooms were flawless, definitely worth the little bit extra. Request a room on a higher flo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royce Hotel? Share your experiences!