“Lovely Boutique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royce Hotel

You added Royce Hotel to your Saves list
Royce Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   379 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia   |
Ranked #46 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lovely Boutique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The royce is a lovely boutique hotel in a nice area on St Kilda Road. My parter and I were very lucky to recieve an upgrade on the room which was just beautiful; it was quite big, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the spa bath was very nice. The hotel was spotlessly clean which was nice.
The staff were also incredibly friendly and very helpful. My partner and I had dinner in the restaurant and by the time dessert came around we were full and ready to retreat to bed; the staff were lovely enough to bring our dessert up to our room and the rest of our bottle of wine.

The breakfast was fresh and tasty.
I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at The Royce recently for 3 nights, whilst attending a wedding which was also held at the hotel.

On all accounts, The Royce is a top notch hotel, and is very well priced.

The location may be a bit out of the way for tourists wanting to be walking distance to shopping and attractions, but the hotel is well linked by public transport and taxis are usually waiting out the front.

I was really impressed with the room, it was spacious and luxuriously finished. I saw a few other rooms whilst staying in the hotel, including the bridal suite, and I was suitably impressed with all of them.

The staff could not have been more accomodating and friendly.

The wedding we attended was so wonderful. The staff at The Royce are true professionals and they do this great boutique hotel proud. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Queanbeyan, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place really fulfils the Boutique name.Glass patterned bathroom door was a first and it was a very comfortable room.I only saw it for a few hours but I'd stay here privately for sure.The location is good and it was very quiet.The staff were a bit tired and I haven't had my credit card tossed back to me in ages when I checked out.Rooms are fully featured an the Lobby ambience is very eye catching.Nice lounges and lots of glass to see the outside world.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road and the lifts.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kerikeri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

After trawling tripadvisor reviews on other hotels I took the plunge and booked Royce Hotel because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. It's located just out of the city but easy to jump in a taxi into city ($6-$7) or a tram. Fairly quiet for a city hotel. Looks are deceiving as it looks like an old pub from the front but when you walk in the door the WOW factor is there with a sweeping staircase and gorgeous furniture. Rooms are great, just like the pictures, we had a balcony room but you need to stand on your toes to look over the brick wall but I guess this adds to the quietness. Staff were fantastic and very helpful. Highly recommend and also dine at Dish as the food was great and lots of local business people dine here so book!

Baulkham Hills, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here on the weekend for a second time and love the location and the staff. Bed is a really comfortable king size and bathroom is modern and roomy. No bath but everything else is fine. We were upgraded to a balcony room for no reason, and the room came with a couple of free drinks for the bar which was relaxed and popular. The staff are lovely and nothing we asked was too much for them to cope with. Location is great as we walked down to Chapel Street in about 15 minutes past gorgeous old architecture and then over to the Botanical Gardens and on to the city, but could have easily grabbed a tram or taxi if we'd preferred. Considering the building is the old Rolls Royce showroom, I expected some photo's around the place, but it's got a lovely art deco feel to it's decoration anyway. Good value and we'll be back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a night at the Royce, prior to us arriving I swapped a few emails regarding a room upgrade and the staff were very helpful. Our executive suite was very comfortable, and the bath a great plus. The hotel was well located for exploring the CBD, Prahran and St Kilda. Our rate included breakfast, and there was a great selection of good quality food on the buffet.

Room Tip: If you like bath, choose an executive suite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The Royce Hotel is nothing short of amazing. After carefully looking on this site at reviews I was a little hesitant to book my girlfriend and I into a room for our 1 year anniversary. I decided to take a change and it definitely paid off!! Everything about this hotel is fantastic. 5 stars all around. Wonderful view, adequate sized room, friendly staff, lovely breakfast. Will stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Executive Suite was stunning!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royce Hotel? Share your experiences!