The time is 0930 as I awaken from my carefree holiday slumber, not by the familiarly disruptive chime of my alarm, but by the early morning light that so sweet saluteth me. Life is good. My worries lay on the other side of the country, for this week at least, as I return to my childhood for an adventure in a foreign city where my only objectives involve obtaining awesome food and sleeping in every morning.
0931. A moment of bliss as I mentally scan my schedule for today – a wide expanse of nothingness; a blank canvas. A big, beautiful blank canvas, and I am the-- BANG.
My thought are cut short as I am thrown back to reality by an all-too-familiar sound.
Another one. My senses are heightened, instincts poised, as my counterterrorist field training comes rushing back. Several more bangs, louder than the first two. Good God, what kind of threat are we up against here? Terrorist attack? Gas explosion? Car backfire? North Korea?
I cautiously proceed towards the the room's south exit, press my ear to the door and I hear... laughter? Not the laughter of a deranged super villain, but the unmistakable banter of the housekeeping staff. Could it be? The very people we entrust with the regular upkeep of our innermost sanctums are the ones taking sadistic pleasure in interrupting my holiday zen with endless door-slamming?
I struggle to find the words to describe the fiery rage with which these defenceless doors were being repeatedly slammed shut. An angry Bruce Banner pales in comparison. I could only imagine it be the work of a ham-fisted Heffalump with a deep-rooted hatred of hinges, painfully reliving a childhood filled with door after door of suffering.
4/5 stars. Excellent hotel in a great location. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest on Bourke features 61 spacious one and two bedroom apartments. With great features such as a fantastic welcoming team, 24 hour reception and a health club on the lower ground floor - the best location in Melbourne for shopping, dining, theatre or just exploring this great city. Why not consider Quest on Bourke for your next business or leisure trip to Melbourne? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Quest on Bourke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest On Bourke Melbourne
- Apartment Melbourne Quest
- Quest On Bourke Hotel Melbourne