We stayed at Quest on Bourke over Christmas 2012. My family had a 2 bedroom apartment which was nice, clean, a great size and just perfect. The staff had already set up the cot we requested (including bedding etc) and we felt very welcome. My parents also stayed in a standard room and that was also very nice. The location is great, the staff friendly and the cleaning staff were the friendliest I have ever met (the were really sweet to the kids). Just a few issues (one very small and trivial and the other not so)...the laundry has a washer/dryer - the dryer does not work, not a biggy - I just air dried the clothes. The other issue is a bit long but it really was what made me give Quest 4 stars and not 5. So...here it goes...we knew that the rooms would not be serviced over the public holidays and were prepared for that. However, we were under the impression that if we contacted reception, it would not be such a hassle to tidy up the room ourselves. We had a family christmas lunch and had lots of rubbish (presents wrappings, prawn shells, left over food etc) and used up all the dishwasher tablets and dishwashing liquid. Boxing Day we were out all day and came back and realised (our fault) that the room had not been serviced and the room was starting to get a bit smelly. The next day (not a public holiday) my husband got up at 6am to call reception and ask if he could come down and get some dishwashing liquid and garbage bags and asked where we could put our rubbish. We did not expect housekeeping to come so early but wanted to clean up for ourselves. By 8am, nothing. We called again and explained we had quite a lot of rubbish and wanted to know what to do. We also had nothing to wash our dishes to have breakfast. The man at reception questioned why we had so much rubbish and told us someone would be up soon. We gave up on the dishes and my husband went out and bought us all breakfast. By 10am, I called and explained the room was starting to smell, PLEASE just tell us where to take the rubbish. It was at this point I gave up and took some garbage bags off a cleaner's cart in the hallway. Finally, after calling at 11am, someone came up and gave us a few things so we could wash dishes and they took the rubbish away. What may seem trivial was actually quite bizarre for us. Here we were in a really nice hotel, we weren't asking for housekeeping - we just wanted a few things so we did not have to have rotting food and dirty dishes in our room and it was made into such a huge deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest on Bourke features 61 spacious one and two bedroom apartments. With great features such as a fantastic welcoming team, 24 hour reception and a health club on the lower ground floor - the best location in Melbourne for shopping, dining, theatre or just exploring this great city. Why not consider Quest on Bourke for your next business or leisure trip to Melbourne? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Quest on Bourke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest On Bourke Melbourne
- Apartment Melbourne Quest
- Quest On Bourke Hotel Melbourne