“War horse at the arts centre” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Melbourne Sightseeing and Attraction Pass
Ranked #45 of 276 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Victoria's center for the performing arts and enjoy a play, a concert or a visit to the galleries.
Brisbane, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“War horse at the arts centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The venue was excellent and the process to get tickets was simple. I booked tickets online on Saturday morning, and picked up the tickets from the box office for the show on Saturday night. War Horse was amazing. The puppetry was so good that I forgot it was a mechanical device and imagined a real horse on stage. The acting and story was engaging. I'm not a regular theatre goer, but if this is the normal standard, I think I better start going more often. But I suspect that War Horse is well above the standard of the average show.

• Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was recently here for a Cliff Richard concert - venue so close to the city just across Princes Bridge from Flinders St Station. Lovely concer hall (Hamer Hall) and spectacular inside. One problem is with getting out afterwards. Patrons on all the lower floors (stall seating) have to be shepherded up the escalators in batches, as the higher floors jam-pack the foyers. We were guided by ushers with walkie talkies checking the upstairs capacity. Heaven help if there was a fire (although I suppose they have alternate fire exits).

Adelaide, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great venue for a classic show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited the State theatre to see "Warhorse" which was a stunning brilliant show. We had great seats and view of the stage and we thoroughly enjoyed our night. We had a drink and a tasty and fresh chicken salad at the Mezze bar pre-show. There are lots of staircases to descend and climb to get you where you need to be, great if you're wanting to keep fit!

Melbourne, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“War Horse State Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

War Horse a must see theater experience. The puppetry is amazing and you very quickly believe the horses have a character all of their own with their internal handlers fading away. The theater is very comfortable with great views from the seats in the stalls section.

Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love my arts and this place is a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My Kids love coming here as we have always enjoyed the Arts I guess it comes with the turf being a melbournian arts and history is in our veins. do come here and see the magnificents art works that are on display

Visited March 2012