We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The location was very close to the MCG and a short walk to catch the 75 or 48 tram to the city. The building is adjacent to the main train line. We had a lot of train noise, but think there are rooms on the other side that would not be affected by the trains. The weather had just turned very cold when we arrived and the airconditioning/heating was very welcome. It must be a very old system as it rattled during the night and didn't seem to be well balanced ie the living space was warm, bedroom was freezing! There is a small kitchen with stove, oven, microwave and fridge. You could prepare a basic meal. There was a dining table. The blanket was dirty/stained with blood and there was a heavy layer of dust on some of the surfaces. When i mentioned it to Reception, it was attended to immediately. Bed and pillows were average.
The restaurant onsite was only open limited times. They do quite a good breakfast, but terrible coffee! It closes at 10.30am... Just when you are looking for morning cuppa! There are limited eating places close by. The only coffee shop we saw close, is only open weekdays - no good for the weekend traveller.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, but were pleased we only had 3 nights there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the sporting and cultural hub of leafy East Melbourne opposite iconic sporting venue the Melbourne Cricket Ground and walking distance from the CBD, Mantra on Jolimont is the definitive crowd pleaser for guests who value convenience and comfort. Ideal for business and leisure travellers alike, Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne offers the ultimate in flexibility with studio and one bedroom apartments that can interconnect to provide comfortable two bedroom accommodation. Reflecting the Mantra hallmarks of offering stylish decor, quality service and great locations, Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne combines the benefits of hotel services with freedom and flexibility befitting a private city apartment. All one bedroom apartments include lounge and dining areas and fully equipped kitchens to provide the ideal home away from home, while studios and one bedroom apartments share a laundry with washing machine and dryer and feature 32" LCD TVs, in-house movies and tea and coffee-making facilities. Guests of Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne enjoy fabulous services including 24-hour reception, room service, wireless internet access, babysitting, daily room servicing, car parking ( fee apply and spaces are subject to availability upon arrival)and foreign currency exchange. Guests can also splash out in the outdoor heated swimming pool, work out in the new fully equipped gymnasium or dine in the on-site restaurant which serves modern Australian cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. From Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne guests are located close to some of the city's major sporting, entertainment and tourist attractions. The MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park and the Fitzroy Gardens are on the hotel's doorstep while Federation Square, National Art Gallery, World Trade Centre and Crown Casino are also within easy reach. Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne is a full non-smoking hotel. Car parking is an additional cost and is subject to availablity, not guaranteed. **Car parking is available for an additional $25 per day. The car park is limited and is available on a "first come first served" basis, the spaces cannot be pre-reserved and are not guaranteed under any circumstances. Alternative car parking options within a 10 minute walk of Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne are available, and pick up and drop off space at the front of the Hotel is also available to help those with mobility issues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mantra on Jolimont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Jolimont Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Jolimont East Melbourne