“Trendy part of town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Chapel Street | South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia   |
Ranked #18 of 171 hotels in Melbourne

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Checkout couldn't have come quick enough . Rooms sub-par, housekeeping disgusting and breakfast un eatable . Staff looked unhappy and over worked, management a joke when trying to address my issues. Next time I'll be staying at the Olsen .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Apurcey
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sincerely apologetic that we did not meet expectations; I do appreciate all you have made mention of and have shared your review with the team. I am sure it will serve as a reminder to us all and allow us to continue to improve our services to our guests.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in relation to your stay should you wish to.

main beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Como is in the ideal location for a night out in the Chapel street precinct-walking distance to some fabulous restaurants and The Jam Factory ( for movie lovers )...
Arrival greetings always set the tone for our stay so we were totally bewildered by the arrogant attitude of the front desk clerk Mitchell,who frankly gave us the impression that we were annoying his daily routine of rudeness whilst checking in...!!!
We had several problems with our room...mirrors covered in dust and an air-conditioning breakdown but thankfully we had "the" most professional ,courteous and humorous supervisor on our checkout...
Christopher couldn't apologize enough re our complaints ( including Mitchell's attitude ) and adjusted our bill generously...We were very impressed with his show of care re our stay and will definitely be returning regardless of our hiccups...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear estwayne
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sincerely apologetic that your impression of our hotel is not to the standard we expect.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in relation to your stay should you wish to and I do hope we have are afforded the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely stay, the front desk staff (Dianna) couldn't be more helpful. We were lucky to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite wow a very stylish apartment, everything that a 5 star hotel should have, spotlessly clean and modern. I agree with other review the smell in the foyer is pretty rank, i feel so sorry for the front desk staff they must go home each night with headaches. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar which was comfortable but the smell from the foyer was there. A great location, looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear deb255100
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and that you felt well looked after – Diana is such a lovely person and she is thrilled to read your review also.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights a few weeks ago. I ordered a spa room, that had had a resent renovation. The room was clean and comfortable, but a little uninspiring. This hotel was not built for a person with disabilities, or for even those with luggage, very difficult to negotiate the stairs. The smell in the foyer is very overpowering and awful!

The staff although very polite were undertrained and inexperienced. The car was not brought up when ordered, the taxi did not arrive when promised and to stand in the foyer for 30 minutes trying to check out was highly irritating. There is not the possibility for express even though I paid in advance.

I was also disappointed in the breakfast bar. The cold buffet adequate and quite nice, the hot food I found inedible.

I found this hotel very expensive and could have got a special at the Park Hyatt for a similar amount, there is no comparison in the quality.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Marlzi
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sincerely apologetic that we did not meet expectations; I do appreciate all you have made mention of and have shared your review with the team. I am sure it will serve as a reminder to us all and allow us to continue to improve our services to all our guests.

In relation to the stairs from the lobby, we do have a limited mobility lift to the side of the stairs to assist with luggage and also anyone who may require. I am sincerely sorry that this was not offered to help you.

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our suite at the Como was very large and overlooked a lovely little park. The location of the hotel is fantastic. And I'm sorry to say that's about the extent of the positives.
The lobby is hard to navigate with bags (stairs) and has an unpleasant odor from the water fountain. The construction in front of the hotel is a drag.
The service by the afternoon/evening staff was a bit of a mess. Checkin was efficient and friendly but then things went downhill. We asked how long it would take to get to a certain restaurant, and they nicely suggested they'd call us a taxi for the appointed time. But then they didn't call one for us. Not a big deal to walk to the nearby cab rank but wish they'd told us to do so before we waited for 10mins for a cab that was not coming.
We asked if someone could grab our laundry from the dryer while we were at dinner. We know this is not in the normal line of duty and were very appreciative when they said they would. When we got back 3hrs later the laundry was still in the dryer. Another request ignored. If you're not going to do something just say so. Strange to smile and say "no problem" and then not do it.
I will say that the two men on duty at 5:30am were great - efficient, helpful and responsive. They should be promoted to prime time.
Our TVs all went off at 3:15am for no reason, which was a particular drag ahead of our 5am wakeup.
The gym was small, smelly and filled with old rusty equipment. Very disappointing.
Wifi is $24 a day and calls to the States are almost $7/minute - what?!
We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear eh555
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I sincerely apologise that it was not up to standard and that you experienced a number of issues during your time with us. It is certainly not the way that we would like to be remembered.

I have shared your review with the team to provide them with clear examples of how we have not succeeded in our delivery of service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

The Como Melbourne

Been to The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!