“Absolutely stunning! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 Chapel Street | South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia   |
Ranked #18 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Bendigo, Australia
“Absolutely stunning! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the 10th of June, for a one night stay.
We booked through wotif.com and did one of their mystery deals. Which is where it gives you the location, price, room informantion and star of a hotel, but doesn't tell you which hotel it is. So after combing through all South Yara 5 Star Hotels, we decieded for such a cheap WOT IF price of only $173, we'd be happy with any! And to our suprise, it was the hotel that looked "Too Good To Be True" in our opinion.
We told them we'd be arriving around 2pm, but arrived in Melbourne quite early, and thought we'd ask to check in anyway at around 10am.
On arrival we were greated by the extremely friendly staff, and told we were given an upgrade! (Could it get much better)? We stayed in the Japanease Spa Suite in the end, and it was the most beautiful room I've ever stayed in, (with the exeption of the Hiltons $800 a night room, of course!).
We absolutely loved our stay, and were given a special deal for breaky of only $25 not $35! And it's all you can eat, plus a huge meal of the menu too! Definetly affordable, just make sure you call up the night before from your room to get the discounted price.! :)
The rubber duck theme is adorable, and we love the free rubber duck that you find in the bath! :)
Couldn't find a single fault in the place.
So my partner and I sincerly hope if you choose to stay at The Como, that it is as wonderful as what it was for us!
xx

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at The Como Melbourne.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your upgrade.

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Excellent stay. Will definitely come back. Excellent location, great rooms (even the basic ones), great service and facilities. Food is good but not great. In any other location I would say it's amazing, but they are competing with such amazing restaurants and cafes around chapel St, they really need to lift their game to keep up. But overall amazing - no complaints.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you recent feedback, your comments are greatly appreciated.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Como Melbourne in the near future.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I wanted to stay in the South Yarra area - the mecca for shopping - and took a gamble on booking a five-star hotel for the June long weekend through Wotif. This lucky dip gave me the jackpot: The Como Melbourne for a third of the regular rack rate!
I was supposedly in one of the "entry-level" rooms - room 524 but this seemed like a wonderful suite to me after some of the teensy-roomed European hotels I've stayed in.
It had a separate office/desk area which was nice - it's no fun tapping away on your laptop while perched on your bed which I had to do a few times in France - a roomy bathroom (although, no bathtub which I had been looking forward to), a huge sofa, TV on a central pivot on a bureau centrally located in the room so you could watch it from bed or the sofa, and a huge, comfortable king-size bed.
The view looked down onto the central well but it made it quiet so I didn't mind.
While i know Melbourne winters are famous for being cold, the Como's air conditioning worked a little too well as I had to turn it off to cope with the incredibly thick, too-hot-in-fact, doona. The next morning I requested my bed be made up with a blanket instead which I did have ask to be done once more when I returned from a day-long trip to the Twelve Apostles.
The 3-night internet charge was $58 which was maybe a little high but it's a tax-deduction anyway and it helped us plan a few things. The valet parking charge is $35 per 24 hours, too.
Never did make it to the shops with a full weekend of family and romantic plans, but it was super-easy to get around with the no 8 tram whizzing past and the South Yarra train station a very short walk away.
I would stay here again in a flash!

Room Tip: Book on Wotif to get a decent deal
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great place to stay for either personal or business. The rooms are huge, including the bathrooms. Pool is great, on Chapel street so close to everything, there is parking if you hrie a car. What more could you ask for in a hotel. Because I go for business I like to use the gym which is a little small, minor thing in the scheme of things.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are extra large
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

the como is a fantastic location,very clean room with a friendly team.
always happy to go back!

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We were in melbourne for a one night charity performance. There were a bunch of people with various needs and under lots of pressure. The staff bent over backwards to make everything smooth and hassle free. They were patient and friendly and lots of fun. The rooms are stylish and well laid out. I loved relaxing in the spa, sauna and pool before the big night. We were even allowed to kick up our heels till late after the show in a corner of the hotel where we could have fun without disturbing other guests, What more could you want?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

I will pass your comments on to our team as I am sure this will serve as encouragement for them.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My partner surprised me by taking me to this little gem for my birthday. We arrived here and were greeted by one of the loveliest concierge I have ever encountered. I think she may have been French by her lovely accent.

Nothing was too hard for her to manage. My partner made me wait in the car to discuss 'the finer details' as to what was in store for the evening and was greeted by personalized service, friendliness and some witty humour.

The valet swiftly took the car and we were whisked to our rooms. Their hotel lobby was just the right amount of style and not over the top. Some key pieces and well decorated.

The room my partner got us was a beautiful penthouse. It was a pity about our views (carpark across the road) but when you go to cosmopolitan South Yarra, you can't always expect breathtaking views. Having said that, I'm sure in the other side of the building there would've been some city views. This is all in hindsight mind you - at the time, you really don't think about this at all.

I walked in and had champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries waiting. The couch comfy and the lighting supplied was perfect for romance.

The room has a small kitchenette with a dining table and chairs. Everything was spotless.

The lounge and bedroom were the one room and they cleverly placed a swiveling tv set in the middle of the room to act as a separator of both rooms whilst allowing you to turn the tv to be able to watch from the lounge or the comfort of your king size bed (a real king size, too - not an imitation or two king singles next to each other).

Bathroom was clean and spacious. Bathtub was deep and ling but hard for more than one person at a time to enjoy. We tried both of us but gave up after 5 mins.

The Como also had an 'emergency' kit for around $35 which had all your 'essentials' such as deodorant, toothbrushes, romance 'things' and plenty more comforts you way wish to have. This allows you to whisk someone away without the need for packing toiletries!

Sleep quality was great and late check out (I think it was 1pm) an extra plus. We also organised in-house masseuse which came very promptly. The price is standard for this type of service and the massage quality was good (7.5/10).

We had breakfast there and I remember the coffee being pretty good (that's right, I got coffee off the menu from the barrista at an additional charge) and the quality of the food I remember to be quite good.

Overall, my scores are as follows:
Concierge: 9.5/10
Overall package price: unsure as surprise but one of the best nights I've ever had so priceless
Room quality: 8.5/10
Rubber ducky (complimentary): 9/10
Como robes: 8.5/10
Sleep quality: 9/10
Strawberries & Chocolates: 9/10 (real milk chocolate! Try to get extra!!)
Champagne: Moét & Chandon 9/10
Spa bath: 8/10
Masseuse: 7.5/10
Breakfast: 8.5/10
Late check out: 9.5/10
Views: 5/10
Sun block curtains: 9/10 (truly, they blocked all sun so we could sleep in!)

Romance package: 9/10
Location: 9/10
Amenities: 9/10

Would recommend: couples for romance.
Also recommend: get there earlier during the day to enjoy the richness of South Yarra and its surrounds. We arrived at 11pm from dinner elsewhere but this area has a lot to boast. Take advantage if you can.

Any questions (other than price as I don't know) please let me know!

Cheers,
CozyPrincess

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Como Melbourne - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!